How do you get your protein? (xpost)

Barbara C.
on 5/1/09 10:51 am - Raleigh, NC

When I first had my surgery through DukeWLS, I had no choice but to consume protein drinks for 3.5 weeks. UGH!!! I honestly think if I ever see another BOOST or ENSURE I just might launch it at someone. I honestly, have tried a number of 'mixes', but never found one that I much liked.

I prefer to 'eat' my protein and find that if I follow the rule of eating my protein first, I can routinely get in at least 60 milligrams of protein a day.  Shrimp and seafood as a whole have always been an easy go to for me. Poultry was a little more hit and miss at first, but now that I'm nearly two years out, I can eat any meat and/or hard boiled eggs without any problem at all. The other easy go to item was and has been beans. Beans of all sorts. A a really safe bet when I'm out and about is Wendy's chili. If I'm at dinner or lunch and I'm out, I'll often select a spinach salad with grilled shrimp or chicken.

Milk is another easy go to, as is yogurt and cheese... I just have to keep an eye on the fat content and if I'm not careful lactose intolerance can raise it's head.

Sooooo... What do you like to eat to get in your protein?

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active