Post surgery skin removal

cjstetso
on 2/12/09 5:46 am
My son underwent bypass surgery almost 4 years ago.  He has had several health issues due to the huge amounts of skin left.  Because he is a disabled father of two and on medicaid, we understand that medicaid will not pay for the skin removal as they consider it plastic surgery.  We heard that there are places that will help pay for this surgery if you donate the skin.  Does anyone know anything about it? 
shylynn_760
on 2/12/09 9:22 am - apple valley, CA
i have heard of that before someone else was telling me about that. I heard that Loma Linda Hospital did that but i am not sure of who you would contact or talk to about that.
cjstetso
on 2/12/09 9:32 pm
Thanks so much, that is definitely a place to start!
qwnpixie
on 2/22/09 5:48 am - Sherman Oaks, CA
You know, I think burn centers (large private one's, like The Grossman Burn Center in Sherman Oaks) may consider such a arrangement. I know they could use large amounts of skin for grafts and such. You may want to try their outreach coordinator. They're really friendly over there, you may just get lucky.
kayebadoe
on 3/12/09 1:25 am
VSG on 08/11/08 with
 Has he documented yeast infections in the skin fold? I believe if that is done and his Dr recommends it as a health issue it will be paid for, and not considered plastic surgery.
I don't have any regrets, they can talk about me plenty when I'm gone....Bob Dylan
cjstetso
on 3/12/09 1:45 am
I don't know if he has documented them, but I will certainly pass your message to him.  Thank you so much for your response.
Most Active