OLD TIMERS... I GOT A QUESTION!!!!!

qwnpixie
on 2/3/09 12:26 pm - Sherman Oaks, CA
I'm almost five years out Fobi, still within my goal range. But here's my question... after the healing is done, and years have passed are there any of you out there that are able to eat large portions again? In essence, I want to know if anyone has returned to old habits further out (I know it's hard to do it early on with Fobi...)

raineestorm
on 3/7/09 3:47 am
 I am new to this site. I had the fobi pouch in 1989. I was 502 lbs I lost down to 220 lbs I now weigh 260 lbs I am thinking about a revision. I think I have done well for the length of time that has passed  since my operation. Life has been so much better for me
Kimberly B.
on 3/14/09 7:47 am - Gardena, CA
FobiPouch on 03/11/92
Hi ,

I am so happy to see an old timer on here.  I had surgery with Fobi in 1992.  I had the staples and I had to have a revision in 2004 and Dr. Fobi did a pann at the same time.  I think you have done great.  Welcome aboard your wisdom is welcomed on this site. 
raineestorm
on 3/14/09 9:59 am
Kimberly  good to hear from you. I am attending classes at Kaiser in order to qualify for the revision. They talked about this web site in clas that is how I happened to hear about it. Not sure if I will be able to get the revision or not but I hope so.  I had the dumping for about 7 years that helped me a lot to keep weight off. Because I really like sweets. 
     I family owned the Foster Freeze in Gardena from 1964 till 1973. It was on Vermont Ave.  Gained a few pounds there lol.  We had a lot of students work for us from Gardena High School. So good to hear from you and glad  my input helped.
       I am not familier with a "Pann" could you please explain? Thank you 
                                                                       Sandy B.
Kimberly B.
on 3/14/09 1:00 pm - Gardena, CA
FobiPouch on 03/11/92
Hi Sandy,
The pannelectomy is where they remove the hanging skin from the stomach, much like a tummy tuck.  I still see Dr. Fobi every year for my check up.  He is affiliated with St. Mary's Hospital in Long Beach.   I live just a few block from Gardena H.S.  I am so happy to meet you.  Keep me posted on your revision.

Kim
raineestorm
on 3/15/09 12:01 am
Hi Kim,
   Boy do I feel dumb !!!! lol  I did not connect  with the tummy lift and Pann. I also had that done by Fobi also my arms and  breast reduction.  I was a mess !!!! lol But life sure improved for me after I lost the first hundred pounds.  I have not been back to see him since we have Kaiser insurance now.  I wonder Do you know if they are doing in background  studies on people he did years ago ?  I remeber when I first started going to him I  they filled lots of papers they said they wanted to do research on people years down the road ?? Just thought maybe you had heard something.  Does Dr. Lee still work with him? 
      The computer is new to me so  I am not real  sure on posting , etc etc, but I am learning.  I definitely can eat more then when I first had the operation.  I do not dump any more.  I can eat about 5 bites of tender steak.  I do not eat a lot of meat mostly fish. 
      Keep up the good work Kim I know you are so happy. We live in the Temecula area now.
            Take Care and keep me posted on your  continuing success !!!!!   Sandy
Kimberly B.
on 3/14/09 12:50 pm - Gardena, CA
FobiPouch on 03/11/92
I can not eat large portions but I eat from a saucer and when I am done that is it for me.  I also eat at the same times everyday and only eat a treat on the weekend.  I don't bring sugar or bread in the house.  I really had to work on what was eatting me and what I ate took care of itself.  I think it gets easier over time because it become your way of life.
Most Active