My Fobi Pouch is gone!

nikkishan
on 7/22/08 10:40 pm
I had this surgery back in 2000.  Per my gGsterologist, I have no pouch.  My food is going straight through.  Has anyone else been told this?
estelle S.
on 7/29/08 6:45 am - Brant Lake, NY
what does that mean ? your pouch is gone? you mean you have no stomach at all and it goes right to your intestines? is he concerned? are you losing to much?
nikkishan
on 7/29/08 8:58 am
that's right, but i'm not losing weight, i've gained.  i can eat as much as i want and whatever i want
mirabella48
on 11/11/08 3:37 am
I am really glad I just read your blog....I had mine in 1999....it seems like it's not working anymore.   I've been curious if you found anymore info out.  I've gained about half the wgt
back.  Would appreciate hearing from you.
lang415
on 12/26/08 2:45 am
hi i had durgery under doctor fobi in 2003. I have gain some back but i must admit my eating habits have changed. If you work hard enough you can over ride the pou*****ertain ways. However, I use to walk at least 3 miles per day. My habits have changed the surgery is a tool to help u . We must do our part to watch our diets and excercise, this is  good practice for everyone.
qwnpixie
on 2/3/09 12:21 pm - Sherman Oaks, CA
If your pouch is gone, wouldn't that indiacte a straight bypass was done without a pouch? Maybe your pouch stretched and is now the same as the attached deudenum? What does your GI Dr have to say about this?

Most Active