how do I get in 60g of protein a day??

Liz M.
on 5/15/08 7:25 am
I just had surgery Monday and my requirement is 60 grams or more of protein liquid and 60 ounces of water.  I'm having a hard time getting that much in! What are you requirements and how to you manage to work it all in?
jamielynn11
on 5/19/08 1:13 pm - Angier, NC
There is a shake called Pure Protein.  It is 11oz and has 35 grams of protein.  I use one of those and one New Whey Protein bullet.  It is 3oz with 42 grams of protein.
JamieLynn

Paola N.
on 5/30/08 1:10 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Liz... in the beginning... you don't. It's impossible. Just do your best and it will start getting easier to drink/eat. THEN you can get closer to those goals.  Don't stress... it's the way it goes. Hugs, Paola

Hugs, Paola

Mommy O.
on 7/2/08 4:41 pm

i agree! Don't stress yourslef out. It will get easier.

DeltaKid
on 1/23/09 1:00 am, edited 1/23/09 1:01 am - Redlands , CA
Theres protein mix called BariCare it come in vanilla,chocolate and a creamy custard pudding its really easy and convenient you can mix it with 2 or 4 oz of water so theres no waste.You can find  baricare online at wallgreens or go to Dave Chambers website at  www.liquidbariatricvitamins.com   Dave also sells a liquid vitamin that tastes like apple cider its a wonderful product. I also found a Protein mix call Z PRO 25 it comes in a 1.5 oz package and can be made into a pudding or shake its a little pricey but it has 25 grams of protein per package and baricare has 20 grams of protein per package.Both products are made for bariatric patients.If you were to have three 2 oz baricare shakes or puddings a day you would be at 60 grams a protien a day.Good luck.
Most Active