Information please help

Barbara H.
on 7/19/06 10:22 am - La Mirada, CA
Would you recommend the fobi pouch for a 17 year old girl. My grand daughter want to have it. I worry that it is to dangerous. I had the lap band 5 months ago and have lost 60#. What is the lose with the fobi? Also your recovery time.. I was homethe next day and back to work in less than 2 weeks with the band. Please Help Barbara
Tennille M.
on 7/28/06 10:36 am - Conley, GA
Hi there... I will be having the Fobi RYN on 8/8/06. I did research it and Dr. M.A.L. Fobi, who invented the pouch. I am 29 years old. Sure, I am a bit older than your daughter, but presumably I have another 50+ years to live. I do not want to stretch my pouch back out, eat more, and ultimately gain weight...thus the Fobi pouch. See, over time you will stretch your stomach out and eat more. Some can even stretch their stomachs out to the size of the natural stomach. Who wants that? Heck, who wants to be fat again? The Fobi pouch consists of 2 silicone rings. One is placed around the new pouch to keep in small. The other is placed where the new stomach attaches to the intestines. This keeps this area open and not close up with swelling or scar tissues as with regular RNY (open or lap). I believe that all doc's using the Fobi method was trained my dr. Fobi himself. The operation is RNY+Fobi. I am not sure if they are all open or not. My surgeon does open, so I will have an 1.5-2.5 in*****ision, depending on where my organs are located. The weight loss should be the same as with a regular RNY. I am a corrections officer, so I expect to be out a month abd return to work on light duty buntil cleared by my doc. My co-worker had the regular RNY (open) same surgeon w/o the Fobi. She returned to work in 2 weeks and was on light duty for 6. It just depends on your body. Walking, quit smoking (if you do), and increase water intake and recovery should not be long. I expect to stay in the hospital 3-4 days. If you can get AFLAC, that will pay for hospitalization and sickness. Most people loose 60-100# in their first 4-6 months.... I hope I could be of some help to you.
miss-350
on 1/26/07 4:58 am - CT
RNY on 12/11/06 with
HI i WAS READING YOUR POST, AND HAVE A QUESTION MAYBE YOU CAN ANSWER FOR ME. I HAD GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY ON DEC.11TH 2006. ON MY PROFILE  I PUT IN FOBI POUCH.. I DO NOT SEE  ANYWERE WERE IT SAYS JUST GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY. MAYBE I SHOULD ASK MY DOCTOR? JEN
Most Active