Rita T.’s Posts

Rita T.
on 5/27/08 10:05 am
Topic: RE: meetings in tampa?
I am having surgery in two weeks and I know there is a meeting place somewhere around or near Tampa. Where is it and what days do you all meet?
Rita T.
on 4/27/08 7:00 am
Topic: RE: Surgery out of the state?
thanks so much for the info! I'm glad to know I don't have to have a specific surgeon the entire time.
Rita T.
on 4/27/08 3:56 am

Yes, the fact that you do not know of anyone is why I said your asnwer was not helpful.  I am having surgery out of state (in michigan) becuase the cost difference is HUGE. And there are quite compentatn surgeons there, one of which I am going to.

It has nothing to do with the competancy in this state its a matter of over priced surgeries so the docs can pay for their BMWs

Rita T.
on 4/27/08 1:22 am
I'm going to be getting the RY so I am hoping I find someone within my area to do follow ups. I'll be in the same situation as you I will be meeting up with my docotr at least once a year. I c an't imagine there are so few people that don't get this done out of state or don't move sometime after surgery.
Rita T.
on 4/27/08 1:20 am
thank you but this does nothing to help me.
Rita T.
on 4/25/08 10:14 pm
Has anyone here had surgery outside of Florida in another state? If so how did you go about finding a doctor in your area that would do the check-ups for the rny?
Rita T.
on 3/10/08 3:38 am
Topic: RE: having surgery out of state??? need a doc here to do check ups
I'm sure I can't be the only one who has done this so here is my question. I live in Tampa but I am having a lap RNY in michigan (why? because its half the price). I talked to my Primary Care Physician and she said that I need to find a doctor down here that would treat me if any things go wrong post surgery so i wouldn't have to fly back up to michigan. However she said that the bariatric doctors at USF would not take on a patient who had the surgery through another doctor.  So who do i go to in this situation. Anyone here had their surgery out of state? Anyone know of a doctor who takes in patients if something goes wrong that had the surgery out of state? thanks for any advice that is coming my way!
Rita T.
on 1/23/08 1:53 am
Topic: RE: TAMPA PCP (Primary Care Physician)
Hello all i live in Lutz and I am looking for a primary care physician to sign off on me getting surgery. I don't really go to doctors so I don;t know who I would go to. Any good docs out there that you know of in the tampa/lutz area?
Rita T.
on 1/16/08 12:42 am
Topic: RE: Friends? (in the tampa/lutz area?)

I sure do! I'll send you a message, don;t want everyone seeing it ;)

Rita T.
on 12/30/07 2:50 am
Topic: RE: Who is your insurance provider?
hello all, I was wondering if you all could tell me who your insurance provider is and what all you had to do to let them insure you.  I would especially like to know if you had no prior medical conditions and were able to get insured.  I am 23 but I don't have diabetes and I haven't really been on a perscription diet except for like a month or two.  My mother says it smuch easier now to get approved but I still think becuase of my age and lack of conditions they will not pay for it. What do you all think? 
Rita T.
on 12/29/07 2:25 pm
Hi Akis,  I'm Rita. I'm scheduled to have surgery February 15th in Mexico. I'm gonna add you to my friend's list so we can chat some more. The site is kinda tricky just click on the your messages sectiona dn it should show the friend's request I believe.
Rita T.
on 12/29/07 1:42 am
HI Marianne, Thank you so much for the positive words! My name is Rita by the way. I would love to be friends!  I live in Lutz so that is a little far for me but I'll definetley try and make it once in a while. I know there is a group in Largo but thats kind of far for me too. I was really hoping to find a group in Tampa and I am kind of suprised I haven't found one yet. I didn't get financing even with my mother as a cosigner BUT I did get financed through another company. It wasn't for the entire amount that I needed but I pay it back like a credit card so I don't have a specific amount to pay back in like 5-6 years. Which makes the payment that much easier. So I have a surgery date of February 15th with Dr. Joya in Mexico... I'm super nervous and I am going to the bank to make the down payment today. Well that is the update for me. I am going to add you to my friends list. Have a great day!
Rita T.
on 12/27/07 10:10 pm
Thanks for the well wishes I'mn adding you to my friends list if thats okay with you. I got partial financing, only $5,500 of the original $7000 I wanted but i will jsut have to pay the rest on a credit card and deal with it.
Rita T.
on 12/26/07 11:50 pm
Topic: RE: Lap Band fills
Thank you so much! I will definetly check them out.
Rita T.
on 12/26/07 10:19 pm
Topic: RE: Lap Band fills
I live in Florida but I am having mys urgery done in mexico and i was wondering how much does it cost in the tampa/pinellas county area to get the band filled?
Rita T.
on 12/26/07 9:54 pm
Absolutely I would love to meet up! You wouldn't happen to work downtown would you? Reason I ask is becuase thats where I work. The commute is crazy but oh well. How is the sleeve different fromt eh band I haven't read up on it much. Can they do the procedure laproscopically?
Rita T.
on 12/26/07 9:22 pm
Topic: RE: Financing Denied....
I did actually, I re-applied as my mom as the co-signer I was really suprised she agreed to this and I think there is probably going to be some sort of guilt trip in the long run but at this point I'm willing to deal with it.
Rita T.
on 12/26/07 1:29 am
Topic: RE: Financing Denied....
So I just found out that I was denied to get financing... its only for a lowsy $8000 and I was denied... I can reaplly with a Co-signer but I don't have any family living here in the states outside of my mom and she and I don't talk and she will jsut think i am using her for her money... *sigh* I don't know what to do... I don't want to go and apply at a ton of places because I am scared its just going to screw up my credit. Anyone out there work at a place that helps people with things like this? I can pay the laon back at $300 a month. *sigh* I am seriously depressed right now...
Rita T.
on 12/25/07 11:12 pm
Topic: RE: ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I am so glad you posted this! I have a friend who is the same way! he keeps saying I was jsut dieting and exercizing the way HE does it while only eating lots of protein rich stuff I would lose a ton of weight... This coming from a guy who is built, has never been fat, and can do god knows how many push-ups... Not to mention I am a female and he is a male but he still thinks our bodies are the same... So yeah, i totally feel you on this! If a person has never been fat and I mean really fat (not what my friend thinks is fat which is like an extra 10 pounds so you can't see his 6 pack) and tried everything on the market from prescription pills to diet and exercise then they don't have a bloody clue as to how difficult/heart wrenching/ and emotionally upsetting it can be.  Once again, just thank you for posting this!
Rita T.
on 12/25/07 11:07 pm
So this is probably going to sound kind of sad, but I don't really have a lot of friends (I have 3, and theya re the greatest) and the ones I do have are all skinny and have never been fat.  I'm hoping to find somone (or a whole lot of people) on here to maybe be friends with as I try desperatly to find the financial/emotional help that I will need on my journey to getting and while having this surgery.  I am kind of hoping to find someone my age (I'm 23) who has either just had the surgery or is thinking about getting it or is just waiting like me to find the funds to pay for the surgery. Or really ANYONE, I guess, who might be able to relate to me and what i am going through.  I keep talking about this to my boyfriend (who is on the heavy side) but he thinks i am jsut bashing myself (which I'm sure we all do sometimes) and I think he is getting a little tired of me only talking about this surgery.  So like I said people who I could maybe relate to, hang out with or jsut chat online or something.
Rita T.
on 12/19/07 4:56 am
Topic: RE: surgery cost in florida
I am experienceing what I am sure a lot of you have gone through, no insurance to cover the cost of surgery... so! I have to pay out of my own pocket, and find someone that will loan me the money so I can pay them back.  I was hoping you all could tell me where in Florida you got your surgery done and how much the total cost was.  thanks for anyone and everyone who participates!
Rita T.
on 1/24/07 3:08 am
Topic: RE: Tampa area Surgeon
Hello, thank you so much for all the information, if its not too much trouble could you tell me when the next meeting is going to be and where? I have night school on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so those days aren't very good for me but other times then that would be perfect. Thank you so much for all the info again! -Rita
Rita T.
on 1/22/07 4:58 am
Topic: RE: Tampa area Surgeon
Hello, I'm looking for a surgeon in the tampa/pinellas county area. I will be paying out of pocket and was wondering how much the lap band procedure cost for all of you? I've been to a meeting at the Palms of Pasedena Hospoital this weekend and so far they seem to be the best in price and care. Hope to hear from all of you soon! -Rita
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views