surgery cost in florida

Rita T.
on 12/19/07 4:56 am - Clearwater, FL
I am experienceing what I am sure a lot of you have gone through, no insurance to cover the cost of surgery... so! I have to pay out of my own pocket, and find someone that will loan me the money so I can pay them back.  I was hoping you all could tell me where in Florida you got your surgery done and how much the total cost was.  thanks for anyone and everyone who participates!
jonelle32514
on 12/19/07 10:20 am - Pensacola, FL
Hi there! It really does depend on your insurance if they will cover the procedure or not. My insurance will not cover the lap band and my Dr does not recommend it because of the weight regain. Anyways, my insurance will cover the gastric bypass, but only the open procedure. As far as the diets go and so forth, I was approved for surgery and do not have regualr Dr weights. All I had to do was tell them what diets I had done and any gyms I belonged to. The fact that I put myself on diets meant that I was trying to take control of my weight. You should call your insurance and find out if they cover any weight loss surgery procedures and if so, which ones and the conditions you need to meet for approval. Then you should find a surgeon and talk with him/her about what procedure is best for you.
sandyfeets
on 12/19/07 11:22 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
Jacksonville
20K Cash Insurance had an exclusion.
LapRny

StaceyS
on 12/19/07 11:30 am - Coral Springs, FL
I had the sleeve in August at the Cleveland Clinic in Weston. I paid $17,500.00. I believe the price has gone up. I  had a very good experience there. Stacey

Highest - 330     Liquid diet - 326   Surgery day -  308.5
AOL IM: Staceyshoppersfl

John Hoffmann
on 12/19/07 11:44 am - Baltimore, MD
Hey Rktimar, I paid out of pocket for my bypass at Cleveland Clinic in Weston in April 2006.  The cost was $25,000, which basically included everything.  250 pounds lighter, the best investment I ever made.  I paid for it with a home equity loan with my bank, good rate.  Good luck. John

John 

PEARLJAM73
on 12/21/07 1:37 am - south, FL
clevland clinic RNY is now $29,000 gastric sleeve $20,000 lap band is i think about 19,000 all at cleveland clinic weston
PearlJamFan........
Beatriz A.
on 12/21/07 1:42 am - Sunny Miami, FL
Thank goodness my insurance covered my WLS otherwise I would be around $25,000.00 in debt.
Beatriz
Qbandiva
on 12/21/07 10:05 am - Naples, FL

Several of us have had an excellent experience with Dr Raul Rosenthal in West (Cleveland Clinic) It is an expensive procedure but if you own your own home an equity loan/line should be the way to go - don't go cashing out a 401 k or savings - you'll need those further down the line. The home equity loan/line actually will give you additional tax advantages - not to mention all the medical expenses. I'm a Vice President for Regions bank. If you'd like some info or if I can be of some service, please feel free to contact me at 239-591-3151 (office) I will be on vacation for the next 2 weeks.  Good luck!

Barbara Cabrera

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."   "Be yourself....everyone else is taken"

Before: 348 (01/01/2005) 
After:   165
John Hoffmann
on 12/21/07 12:09 pm - Baltimore, MD
Hey B-Bop, happy holidays!  Be well. John

John 

anagram
on 12/23/07 9:28 am - Orange Park, FL
In Ocala they will give you a flat rate at the hospitals and then you just pay the doctors.  I think the whole thing ran around $17k for my friend.   However, both Dr. Jawad and Dr. Overcash are also doing the new procedure (StapleX?) which is a one day outpatient procedure so is more reasonable.  You might want to check that out. As far as financing there are lots of options around including the carecredit cards that don't charge interest if you pay them off in one year.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views