ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jonelle32514
on 12/19/07 11:19 pm - Pensacola, FL
Thank You! I will show him how to post. I haven't met a person yet that regrets their wls. If he doesn't get a chance to post, I will post when I get home.
Trish6660
on 12/19/07 11:15 pm - Long Island, NY

I can totally relate to your desire to want to keep this a private matter.  I too didn't want to breath a word of it to ANYONE.  But as the months went by and you shed like TONS of weight, people start to get in your face more and more and to the point where they actually come right out and ASK you if you had "that weight surgery"....!!  It is appalling to have these nosey busy bodies get in your face when they were not there to support you before the process.  I am sad that this person chose to take action like this to control and deter you from having your surgery.  But you know why you made this decision and you should stick to it.  Most people are frightened by the consequences and since it's not the road THEY would choose, they decide to choose it for YOU also!!  Do not allow her reaction to discourage you.  I'm here to tell you she will be SO jealous once you are on the losers bench and she will do everything to be negative on your remaining journey.  So dump her now so you don't have to deal with it later.  I had attended some support meetings and had my picture taken and posted on this public website.  So just be forewarned that IF you truely want to be anonymous that you refrain from any pictures that might end up in the wrong places and out you without your consent.  This is why I hang out in other states message boards because the New Yorkers are down right ruthless!!  I hope you find someone to care for your kids so you can have your surgery.  I will be saying a prayer for you that all goes well.  Hang tough!!

Trish
jonelle32514
on 12/19/07 11:33 pm - Pensacola, FL
My husband told me to just tell her that I took her advice and dieted and exercised. I am not sure how I will react to someone getting in my face and asking me. Luckily that we move every 3-4 years so our next duty station no one will know me as having been fat. But I will always have to deal with family. We rarely see my husband's family and if his mother continues to give me crap about my choice for wls, we won't see her in May as planned. I have a friend in Buffalo that wants to have gastric bypass. I know what you mean about NYers being ruthless. She told me someone asked her when her litter was due. I never heard of such a thing. She wasn't even pregnant. Michelle, my friend, told the lady she was due the same day her rinoplasty was scheduled. I thought her comeback was pretty funny. Thanks for the prayer!! I know that my Dr is ethical and he has been doing this surgery for a long time and I have faith in him, but I am still slightly nervous. I will probably be pooping bricks the night before and on the way to the hospital.
Trish6660
on 12/20/07 12:03 am - Long Island, NY

You wouldn't be normal if you weren't nervous!!  I was petrified and balled like a baby all the way into the operating room.  I thought I was going to die!!  Just remember the stats, thousands of us have this surgery every year and there are very rare cases of problems.  You did all your pre-op work and your surgeon would NOT even operate if he thought you were a major risk.  As far as the poop, the poop is good, you want it to all be out of you before the operation....clean as a whistle....lol  You will be fine, just relax and enjoy....you will be on the losers bench before you know it and your so-called friend won't be the wiser....she will be green with envy!!  lmao!!!  {hugs} 

Trish
teegee
on 12/21/07 8:49 am - FL
i can feel your pain. my family knows what i am doing and they all support me. i'm not telling people at work.  well, most of them. my boss and dept co-work know, and a few ppl i see socially know. but the rest think i'm having a knee operation and i really dont see any need to correct their mis-understanding due to a comment i made 3mths ago. we have an office of over 70 ppl and theres *the click* you know the one. the skinny cute girls, with the older professional men that go to lunch in a group and rag on everyone in the office thats different. well i have been told by a few ppl i have been trashed in their kunch time hen parties and i'm o with that. WHY? because i know what i look like when i'm not fat and its a hell of a lot sexier and much more *growls and puurr* then any of those girlies and more then the guys could dream of. yes, i use ta be one hot, fine ass chick and they are the losers in this not me. i'm the same person before i was fat, during my fatness and when i return to my self. if i told about my WLS to ppl they would have a feild day tearing me apart, and frankly i dont need their insacurities. Girl, you do what you feel is right and if your MIL does nothing but diss your concerns, feelings and choices then she can suck a leamon. most people are sour anyway!
(deactivated member)
on 12/21/07 10:22 pm
People kill me--there are those who are so quick to judge, when they have no idea what your life is like.  Drives me crazy.  I was terrified to tell my mom about the surgery, because I fully expected what you got--she's a old hand with the "poke and dig".  She surprised me by being supportive.  Who knew?! My favorite line "we're not having this discussion right now--if you'd like to be supportive, I'll be happy to revisit it".  Then I just walk away. Empowering!
Rita T.
on 12/25/07 11:12 pm - Clearwater, FL
I am so glad you posted this! I have a friend who is the same way! he keeps saying I was jsut dieting and exercizing the way HE does it while only eating lots of protein rich stuff I would lose a ton of weight... This coming from a guy who is built, has never been fat, and can do god knows how many push-ups... Not to mention I am a female and he is a male but he still thinks our bodies are the same... So yeah, i totally feel you on this! If a person has never been fat and I mean really fat (not what my friend thinks is fat which is like an extra 10 pounds so you can't see his 6 pack) and tried everything on the market from prescription pills to diet and exercise then they don't have a bloody clue as to how difficult/heart wrenching/ and emotionally upsetting it can be.  Once again, just thank you for posting this!
jonelle32514
on 12/30/07 6:10 am - Pensacola, FL
tomorrow is the big day!!! I just want to thank you all for your support!! I will post an update as soon as I get home. I will be leaving for the hospital in 12 1/2 hours. It seems like a dream!

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

LizB
on 12/30/07 7:23 am - FL
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. What a way to welcome in the new year!  New Year / New Life! Liz
Hillary M.
on 12/30/07 9:02 am - FL
Jonelle, I waited a long time before I told a lot of my family members because I didn't want any negativity.  Some times people say things without knowing what they are talking about.  I am 5 feet tall and was 205 pounds and had surgery to get my diabetes under control.  I had a friend that had gastric bypass a few years ago and they toold me I was crazy to go through with it because I wasn't as heavy as they were when they had it. People can say the dumbest things and not really know it.  Having surgery was the best thing I ever did for myself.  Although my diabetes has not completely resolved itself, I am doing a lot better and I am feeling a lot better to.  Good luck to you.   You are going to be so happy when you get your weight down and feel better.  You will have more energy for your kids. I will keep you in my prayers. Hillary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views