ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jonelle32514
on 12/19/07 9:58 am - Pensacola, FL
I have been so excited about my upcoming surgery on Dec 31. I called my MIL to see if she could help out with my kids while I am in the hospital. She just had to know what I was having done and after a bit I gave in and told her. Well what do you know?!?!?! All I have to do is diet and exercise!! She went on and on about how I am stupid to want this surgery and how I don't need it. I tried to get her to see things my way. She also said that my Dr must not be ethical because he is going to give me the surgery. I am 5'9" and 274 lbs. How is that unethical?? She thinks that gastric bypass is only done on people that are over 400 lbs. She just totally has me down in the dumps and needless to say she is not going to help me with my kids. I didn't want to tell any of my family about my plans with the surgery and this is exactly why. Sorry for the post, I just needed to rant a little.
da wright one
on 12/19/07 10:18 am - Lady Lake, FL
I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that, but you know some people don't understand what we go through and where we are trying to go!  whatever was the determining factor in you deciding to have WLS let it continue to be just that!  If anything she should have showered you with support and most definitely agreed to help out with the kids.  Good luck on your WLS and congrats, I wi**** was me!!!!! God Bless !!!!!
   "Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life; but by the obstacles which he has overcome."
                                                                      Booker T. Washington

Cicily
jonelle32514
on 12/19/07 10:29 am - Pensacola, FL
Thank you! you're right. I do need to focus on why I chose to have the surgery. I am not really sad that she doesn't want to help me out. At this point, I don't want her around if she is going to have that attitude! How are you doing on your weight loss surgery journey? I hope you will have surgery soon.
Purple Lotus
on 12/19/07 5:27 pm - FL
I am so sorry she did that.  I, too, am telling very few people about my WLS for the same reason.  I don't want to hear any crap from clueless people!  I have researched this surgery and I'm confident in my decision, and the last thing I need is someone bringing me down. {{{hugs}}}  to you, I hope you find a way to get help with your children.

Purple Lotus              my s!

jonelle32514
on 12/19/07 9:18 pm - Pensacola, FL
thanks for the hugs. I was told that the hospital doesn't allow children under 12 on the ward and both of mine are under 12. The nurse said I could see them, I will just have to walk down to see them. I will gladly do that. I just wanted someone to help out my husband because he is going to have to do everything and he may get overwhelmed. I know sometimes I do and I do it every day. Plus, since the kids can't stay at the hospital with me, that means he can't either because our kids can't be left alone at the house. The worst case scenario is that I will be all alone in the hospital.
LizB
on 12/19/07 8:50 pm - FL
Don't you just love the way other people seem to always know what is right for you even when it is not right and they do not know all the facts. Sorry this had to happened to you. It hurts more when it's comes from family. Inlaws are even more painful. Maybe your hubby can take some time off from work. Maybe someone in your pre-op support group (if you have one at your surgeon's office) can help out. Call your surgeon's office, they may know of a volunteer for you. Hope this helps. Liz
jonelle32514
on 12/19/07 9:30 pm - Pensacola, FL
I kinda thought she would be a little more supportive, but nope! I eventually gave up and told her I had not made my final decision. I just couldn't take it. Of course my mind is made up!! I am having surgery on the 31st!! My hospital has support groups. I have been to a few. We have plans to see his mother in May. She lives in CA. I am not thinking about the trip because it is so far away, but my husband said since she knows about it so will his dad and his sister and all of his brothers. I asked her not to tell anyone, but I fear he is right. On the other hand, maybe I will be an inspiration to one of the wives or his sister.
LizB
on 12/19/07 10:02 pm - FL
You must be so excited. The 31st is just around the corner. I couldn't wait. I cherished ever moment, comfortable or uncomfortable after the surgery in anticipation of my new life to come. My grandaughter was 3 months old when I had surgery. We grew together because the more weight I lost the more I could play and have fun with her. Are you all ready for the Holidays? 3D SantaLiz
jonelle32514
on 12/19/07 10:24 pm - Pensacola, FL
I am ready for Christmas!! I am really looking forward to my new self after surgery. My son is hard to run around after and my daughter is into soccer and karate so it will be nice when I am able to get more involved. I want to be able to play more with my kids too!! I am ready!!!! Are you ready for the Holidays? We are not going "all out" with Christmas dinner because we are getting ready for after surgery. My husband wants to eat better and we are no longer drinking soda. We are doing our New Year's party on the 29th, but I will be on a liquid diet by then. I don't mind. I am going to do what it takes to help lose the weight.
LizB
on 12/19/07 11:00 pm - FL
I will be thinking of you on the 31st and have a toast to your success. Good exchuse right!! LOL You are going to be so successful.  You will have to show your hubby how to post so we know that all went well and you are on the loosing side of the bench and beginning successing in your new life. If not we will be anxiously waiting to hear from you when you are ready. Keep posting any problems or questions. We are here to help. Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views