6/29/2009 Surgiversary and still going strong.

greeby
on 7/12/24 8:36 am - Ecuador

Hi Everyone,

Been a while since I posted but I just passed year 15 since my DS and I am still going strong.

I've followed VitaLady's DS regimen since surgery and my labs have alway been great with a few small adjustments needed here and there.

My weight has settled at about 205 lbs and that's perfect for me.

The only downside of the vitamin regimen is the 28 pills per day. My wife and I travel quite a bit and I look like a drug dealer with ziplock bags full of pills in my luggage for a 3 month trip. We're currently living in Ecuador and it's not too difficult to get my vits from Amazon. We just order 6 months worth and ship to a friend and pickup when we visit the states. No hassle as I have a doctor's note explaining the huge quantity of pills and we've never even been questioned.

We'd like to spend some time in Europe (6 months to a year) but it seems very difficult to find dry A (50K units), dry E etc. as most of the shops in Europe carry vits in oil, not dry an trying to find A in 50K unit pills is impossible.

If anyone is living abroad and has any insights, please sing out.

Thanks and hope everyone is doing well!

Jeff

airbender
on 7/31/24 7:10 pm

glad you are doing well, yes that is a real issue, I understand. try to get all your supplements before you go in bulk

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

girl81
on 8/18/24 11:02 pm

Is dry the only form that works for DSers?

greeby
on 8/19/24 3:55 am - Ecuador

Yes. Anything in oil is not absorbed so it has to be dry or bioavailable liquid.

Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 717 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1471 views