Partial DS!

sharonallen
on 7/30/19 6:46 am - Grand Prairie

Thank you so much, I've been really down about this. I see my Surgeon on Friday so will have more answers.

Eliza970
on 7/31/19 11:04 am

I think you can take some encouragement in the fact there was so much scar tissue. It may be that the stomach was already so reduced in size by the scarring that he felt it was ok. Ask him:

--what is the residual size of your stomach after scarring and how does that compare to someone with the partial gastrectomy component of DS.

--what his back up plan would be if you don't lose enough weight.

--whether you could go for a second surgery at some point (which would be shorter and less taxing than the full DS surgery and you would be at a lower weight)

--whether he thought an open procedure would have been more successful than a laparoscopy procedure.

--whether he compensated in a shorter bypass to make up for the lack of a partial gastrectomy.

And I would ask for a complete copy of the surgical report, and if things don't go great, take it to one of the best surgeons here, and ask them what can be done now.

It would seem to me that you will have the same malabsorption of the DS, so that's the most powerful side of DS. just be mindful of meal size and avoid all sugar, as has already been said.

MarinaGirl
on 7/30/19 5:49 am

Who was your surgeon and where is s/he located?

Recent Topics