New here, but not new to this world

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/19 8:24 pm, edited 7/10/19 1:28 pm

Most of the people here are well intentioned but have no understanding of the SIPs / Sadi DS, and are scared of something they don?t understand.

I had the sips 5 years ago and guarantee it?s a fantastic option you will never regret, as long as you have an experienced surgeon.

I?m 58 now, lost all the weight, kept it off and I have a very lean fit build I thought was impossible prior to this surgery. The SIPs will have many similarities as the older DS but there is less risk during surgery and less chance of malnutrition later.

All of life has risk, complications and side effects but this one is well worth it. Just make sure your surgeon is both a DS and SIPs expert. That guarantees they are doing it for the right reason.

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/19 8:26 pm

FYI - my insurance company Cigna covered it.

Sabenn22
on 7/11/19 7:03 am

Who did your surgery and how did you go about finding a GOOD surgeon who does SIPS? I am hoping to consult with one near me, Dr. Wizman, but waiting for insurance verification.

Also, why did you opt for SIPS instead of full DS? I'm really struggling with this.

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/19 11:19 pm

I'm in the NY area and went to Dr. Mitch Roslin at Lennox Hill Hospital. He has done a thousand plus DS and SIPs procedures, and recommends the SIPs in most cases due to the lower risks. Many of the original DS posters on this site are also former patients.

Even if you are not in the NY area, you can call his office and ask for a recommendation for a qualified surgeon closer to you.

Sabenn22
on 7/13/19 7:02 am

I tried that and got nowhere. The person who answered had no idea, so I asked her if there was anyone else who might be able to help. She put me on hold and came back and said that they do SIPS but that's all they know.

Recent Topics