Perfect Labs thank you Vitalady

Beam me up Scottie
on 5/17/19 7:01 pm, edited 5/17/19 7:09 pm
I know she has passed, but I’d like to believe somewhere in heaven this thank you is reaching her. <br />
<br />
13 years ago, I had the DS. I was told to take flinstone chewable. I was given very little information about which vitamins I needed long term. At 6 months my labs tanked. I met Vitalady on another board and listened to what she had to say, eventually I got her to come over to the DS side. <br />
<br />
Thank God I listened to her advice. 13 years later I have perfect labs. Doctors do not understand how I take 150k IUs of D or 100K of A and still have normal levels. I tweet my vitamins based on annual labs. I dropped B12 last year, I upped zinc, and in 2018 I had a series of iron infusions for mild anemia. <br />
<br />
Scott <br />
<br />

In case anyone was wondering, I only take vitamins 2 times per day. Once in the morning, once at night.
Noodle65
on 5/17/19 7:26 pm
DS on 10/18/12

Scottie

I take mine just twice a day too. Would you mind your regimen?

Thanks

Julie

Beam me up Scottie
on 5/17/19 7:50 pm
Morning:

3 calcium citrate
2 multi (Vitamin shoppe, I find I feel better with a higher quality multi, I've been taking these for years)
100K Vitamin A
800 Vitamin E
B complex

Night
2 multi
3 calcium citrate
150K IU D
2000 K
200 K2
150 mg zinc
Magnesium citrate when I have it. I'm not religious about this, sometimes I take magnesium oxide (they both have the same effect on me....it makes for a good morning "routine" if you get my drift).

I don't take iron, I did get an iron infusion but it seems like too much trouble to take it, and I was only anemic this one time. I do drink protein shakes or eat protein bars still.

Scott
Noodle65
on 5/18/19 8:24 am
DS on 10/18/12

Thank you

Janet P.
on 5/20/19 4:31 am

I'm right there with you - without her I don't know where I would be. My regime is similar to yours but I actually take vitamins three times a day - I take a little more calcium than you do. I've never been able to get my A up no matter how much I take and also take 150K of D. I've also had iron issues over the years - don't take oral anymore and have finally had success with the latest infusion - 18 months ago and labs are still awesome.

My doctor is also amazed how "healthy" I am at 62 - no prescription meds needed :)

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Beam me up Scottie
on 5/20/19 5:05 pm
i'd like to say no medicaitons needed, but I started having allergy issues when I moved to Texas. So yeahhhhhhhhh......other than that...I'm healthy! Good bone density, etc etc etc.

I respond really well to the biotech dry vitamins. I know there are cheaper versions out there, but I started with them 10 years ago and they never let me down (FYI for anyone who cares, Vitalady's vitamins are biotech) and amazon now carries them so I can get them overnighted to me when I run out.

Bruce
Recent Topics