Stuck

Sgerbie
on 6/1/18 11:01 am
DS on 04/11/18

I get the protein in with protein powder. My surgeons office told me to make sure each meal had no more than 5 grams fat and 5 grams sugar. So that is why i check I do have a book I write in. I did not know that I should not be using low fat foods. That's what they told me. But I'm hearing from few of you that I need to ignore that and calories. I know the sugar low is happening. I get really dizzy and if I eat something when it happens it stops and I feel better. This is a revision for me. I had gastric bypass 20 yrs ago. This is totally different. I'll make those few adjustments and see what happens. I also drink a protein shot over course of a day that had 43 grams. It is god awful bug a little at s time is doable.

chevtow41
on 6/5/18 8:17 am, edited 6/5/18 1:17 am
DS on 11/11/14

"Protein shot"? You should check what kind of protein is in there, most "shots" are not the correct proteins - they are usually collagen which isn't really great for anyone. Also skip the Genepro, don't eat low fat, avoid breads, eat small meals frequently ( I eat every 2-3hrs), and you need MUCH MORE WATER/fluids. You are going to become dehydrated, if you aren't already, drinking so little.

Sgerbie
on 6/5/18 8:47 am
DS on 04/11/18

The protein shots are whey. I agree with you I need more fluids. I am trying to drink every waking hour. Thanks for your support and info.

Sharon

chevtow41
on 6/5/18 6:22 pm
DS on 11/11/14

They'll say whey but are collagen (probably listed as Hydrolyzed Collagenic protein isolate) Look at ingredients and make sure doesn't show that. Just trying to help. I've yet to see legit protein shots.

PattyL
on 6/2/18 1:06 pm

You are correct to stop counting calories and forget the low fat stuff. It is all about avoiding sugar/carbs. Dump the oatmeal. Eat an egg fried in butter instead. Add some cheese if you want. If you are dizzy, eat. You should be eating every couple hours.

Keep some tuna salad in the fridge and have a bite every time you walk by. Or grab a cheese cube or a piece of deli meat. Eat more and eat more often. A DSer needs more than 700cal per day.

I am assuming you had a real DS.

Sgerbie
on 6/2/18 1:26 pm
DS on 04/11/18

Yep I had the gall blater some intestines and part of my stomach taken right on out. Shortened up the intestine and here I am. And since it was a revision I had the gastric reversed before they did the other stuff I mentioned. Thank you for your reply. Having this advise and support is really awesome.

Sharon

Valerie G.
on 6/2/18 2:49 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

This is going to occur several times in the next year as you are losing. Your body is taking a pause and readjusting. It's nothing to be concerned about, really. I learned that when this happened I would discover that I lost a size or three, and that definitely excited me so I made it into a joyous occasion.

When I tired of the stall, I would shake up my metabolism by eating a Krispy Kreme donut. Before y'all start clutching your pearls, this is a known strategy by the vets. I swear (hand on heart) I would start losing the very next day.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sgerbie
on 6/2/18 8:09 pm
DS on 04/11/18

I think some pearls fell to the floor. I can see why that worked actually. This DS is very different from the gastric bypass. I'll keep working st this. Maybe someday we can all have a convention. Let's pick someplace fun with healthy food. I guess that leaves out a cruise. Thanks for your insight on this you made me laugh out loud

dharon

Tha

PattyL
on 6/3/18 4:39 pm

Nope! There is plenty of good food for us on a cruise. Cruise eating is easy!

Crazeru
on 6/5/18 6:16 pm

You need to eat more often. If you can only eat 1 egg before you are full. Eat an egg, 2 hrs later eat another one. I like to cook mine in bacon grease. Bacon is a free food. Cook up a pound or 3, and you can snack on bacon. 2 slices is generally 7 grams of protein. A tablespoon or two of peanut butter is a good snack. I don't make it level, but it's more like a heaping tablespoon. You can make egg or tuna salad. I take slices of cheese and top with tuna or egg salad with lots of mayo, mustard, reli****hink if you are eating 6-10 grams of protein every hour or two, you won't have the drop in sugar levels that you are experiencing. If you like cashews, almonds, peanuts, keep a bowl handy if you are watching TV or working on the computer.

My full meter is when I start burping, I know it's time to stop for a while. Always keep water on hand and sip, sip, sip.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Recent Topics