DS Vitamin sheet from Vitalady

PeteA
on 5/2/18 10:30 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Great. I think most people would add K2 for calcium absorption and magnesium glycinate or chelated (several types just don't take mag oxide) again overall health and calcium absorption.

2100 mg is a good number for the calcium.

Some people have a problem with some of the B's (B6 and some other one that can get too high) and take just B12 instead of a B complex.

Personally I think the Vit C is a little high but certainly doesn't hurt anything. Same with E, I've read that most WLS people don't need to supplement E but it doesn't hurt and my have benefits.

Glad you got the list.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Janet P.
on 5/2/18 12:40 pm
On May 2, 2018 at 5:30 PM Pacific Time, PeteA wrote:

Great. I think most people would add K2 for calcium absorption and magnesium glycinate or chelated (several types just don't take mag oxide) again overall health and calcium absorption.

2100 mg is a good number for the calcium.

Some people have a problem with some of the B's (B6 and some other one that can get too high) and take just B12 instead of a B complex.

Personally I think the Vit C is a little high but certainly doesn't hurt anything. Same with E, I've read that most WLS people don't need to supplement E but it doesn't hurt and my have benefits.

Glad you got the list.

Pete

Agree completely about the K2 - I take two per day to help with calcium. I was also having B12 issues (extremely high) but just added B1 because of a slightly low thaimine number.

I think the key is to start with Vitalady's list and then adjust based on their lab results and their needs. Women need different than men, pre-menopausal women need different than post-menopausal women.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

PeteA
on 5/2/18 1:05 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Sure you need to start out with a base and adjust. I'm pretty agnostic about what that base is. It's kind of an issue that when you are further out and restarting it is more important to make best guesses at the base because you aren't likely to be getting regular labs like when you were first post-op.

MargaretMary, any thought on when you last had labs and when you might expect them next?

Pete

Recent Topics