(deactivated member)
on 8/28/17 10:14 pm, edited 5/22/18 10:17 pm

DLB1976
on 8/29/17 6:26 am
DS on 06/06/12

Not sure if you saw my bites and vites post yesterday but I too am a "big eater" I never got too light but I lost my weight and maintain it on about 3000-3500 calories per day. If I drop low in consumption I can't poop! I do work out a fair amount and because of this I personally cannot be below 100 carbs or my muscles just do not respond. I still have a tendency to stress eat junk when life gets overwhelming and this is why I decided to start posting in the bites and vites thread but had I not undergone DS I would definitely be 300 plus pounds still or again. My DS has been very forgiving of me and I am thankful for it everyday. With that being said I feel so much better mentally and physically when I make wiser nutritional choices and that rather than a certain size or a certain weight are my focus. I bounced back about 20 pounds from my lowest and I am okay with that because I have gained a lot of muscle tone since then and at my lowest I had no boobs and butt and I've gotten a little of that back! Everyone's experience and motivations are different. I could never survive on 800 calories a day, that's why I chose DS, but that's me, that's how my body and metabolism work, that fits with my goals, and we are all different! Keep eating my friend!

Sunshine16
on 8/29/17 6:35 am

That question, is hilarious...YES, I would say,majority of us are heavy eaters. And the bite and vits, are just really, extremely displine.

I personally feel I eat too,much more now than before. I can eat a big meal, and carp it,right out within a couple hours and starting grazeling on something else. I need to loss a good 12 to 20 pounds....every three years it seem like the scale goes up 3 pounds in the spring all at once.

Traditional diets do nothing for me, my body has been rewired and I do not even know how to lose weight. Depending on what it is, but the more I eat...well you know the rest.

Sunny

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/17 9:17 pm
Valerie G.
on 8/30/17 8:01 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm nearly 12 yrs out and eat a lot too. My family jokes about my nose for sample tables when at the store, and I'm always looking for a snack, and it's not always an appropriate one. For this reason, I don't participate on the bites and vites thread because I don't want to set a bad example for a newbie trying to lose. I've lost to the point that people called me scarecrow and used that as my leash-release to eat more freely. I regained 20 lbs (give or take 5) and am quite comfortable where I am.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/17 8:22 am
Janet P.
on 8/30/17 2:49 pm

I'm a very heavy eater. I'm 14+ years post-op and got as low as 140, which was way too low for me. I had the 15-20 pound bounceback so I hover around 155-160 and I'm perfectly happy with that. I'm maintained that weight for more than 10 years (did I tell you how much I love my DS). I assume I eat at least 3K calories a day (and I'm not shy about the carbs either), but I eat alot of protein. I also don't do any protein supplements - it's all about the food. I also graze all day. My friends/family always comment about how much I eat and how often I eat. I just came back from a cruise with my sister, and I actually lost about 5 pounds. I never eat the same when I travel as I eat at home - very little grazing. I ate 3 huge meals with almost no snacking inbetween). Did I mention the wine and martinis? Of course I've probably gained most of those 5 pounds back because I'm back to grazing.

As far as I'm concerned with the DS if your labs are good and you're healthy (BP, cholesterol, sugar, heart, etc.) there are no bad nutrition decision. Only caveat - must get adequate amounts of protein and water and vitamins.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/17 5:50 pm
Beam me up Scottie
on 9/2/17 9:29 pm
I do not, because unless I'm trying to lose weight, I don't track what I eat.