Anti anxiety drugs?

megange1
on 8/13/17 2:09 pm

Hi-

My doctor thinks my extreme nausea could be caused partially by depression/anxiety. I hate taking more drugs and have NOT had luck on these types of meds in the past. Has anyone tried one called buspirone? How did it work for you? Or other stories using similar things? I'm definitely more emotional since surgery.

Beam me up Scottie
on 8/13/17 8:26 pm
No experience with that medication, but there are a lot of biological things that happen after surgery. The rapid weight weight loss typically releases a lot of hormones into the system. Additionally usually you cant turn to food for comfort, so you are left with whatever emotions you're facing. You may want to give it a try and see if it helps. Anti-anxiety medications are usually pretty fast acting, so if it's going to work it should work within a couple of days.
* Nicole *
on 8/14/17 2:31 pm

I know it sounds odd but if thoes types of meds in the past have not worked try claretin, zyrtec, zyzal etc. More of the new antihistamines. They really are not antihistamines, they are receptor blockers. The same cells that have histamine release also cause anxiety and depression from improper "hormone" balances. So the antihistamines actually help block thoes hormones from affecting you by blocking the hormone receptors.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

Lisa_at_the_beach
on 8/15/17 8:45 am - Raleigh, NC

Wow, I didn't know that. I know that a few weeks after my surgery I also had extreme nausea and my Dr advised using Claritin. Much to my surprise it worked and I stayed on it for a few months. Give it a try, if it doesn't work for you, you can always try the anti-anxiety drugs.

* Nicole *
on 8/15/17 10:03 pm

Truely it is kinda facinating. Just like Zantac, prevcid etc are not antiacids, they are H2 receptor blockers, H2s are mainly involved in the gastric system.

Ive had to really learn this stuff, and all the little known hormones that create and cause all the major known ones. Yay for autoimmune issues that cause over and under reactions.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

* Nicole *
on 8/19/17 3:51 am

Out of curiosity have you tried the antihistamines? Any luck?