Sublingual Vitamin Question for my DS Family

QueenBee7
on 7/24/17 1:05 pm
DS on 02/04/14

I'm considering that too. I already had the vita4lufe. My surgeon likes both vit4life and vitalady. I like the vitalady options because it's one stop shopping, however it's pricey. ?????

Still on the fence......

biggeekgirl
on 7/24/17 1:22 pm

I buy Vita4Life (also pricey) in three month supply.

I buy two bottles of D at a time and they last.

When I needed to supplement calcium I just used Vita4Life same with ADEK all of which is Amazon.

I shop too much on Amazon. Lol.

Sounds like surgeons have come a long way.

Back when I was pre-op they were recommending a prenatal.

Surgery on 4/25/05 , Dr. Alverdy in Chicago.  God Bless the DS !!!
Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

Valerie G.
on 7/24/17 2:42 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Keep close eye on your labs with Vita4Life. My A, D and zinc levels tanked quickly taking them. Once I was adding everything else I needed to supplement what Vita4Life wasn't giving me, they looked more and more expensive. I went to Centrum generics instead and saved a fortune.

I've seen nobody ever go deficient on Vitalady's program, and it's not an all-in-one. You can tweek your dosages yourself based on labs, but it's a champ of a good start and has everything you need.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

QueenBee7
on 7/24/17 3:34 pm
DS on 02/04/14

That's why I was on the fence. I figured that the extra in the vitalady cost might be worth my assurance that I won't become deficient.

Thanks Valerie.

Janet P.
on 7/24/17 6:40 am
On July 22, 2017 at 10:33 PM Pacific Time, QueenBee7 wrote:

I went to see the nutritionist on Friday. I got my educational binder with my pre and post surgery instruction.

Quick Question: Anyone know where I can get 50,000 IU Vitamin D3 - and 25,000 IU Vitamin A in SUBLINGUAL form for postop surgery needs?

In addition:

(1) Any suggestions on clear liquids with high protein besides ISOPURE?

(2) Any suggestions on a good and tasty broths?

(3) Cheapest place to purchase decaf K cups for Keurig?

QueenBee -

The rule of thumb for protein is 30 grams of protein by 30 days post-op, 60 grams of protein by 60 days post-op, etc. You really don't need to focus on protein the first few weeks post-op. What you do need to focus on is water - it's all about staying hydrated. You need to sip constantly.

My suggestion for a broth would be to either make your own or buy a good organic low sodium broth.

Try Bed Bath & Beyond for a good selection of decaf kcups and you can use the 20% off. I buy my kcups directly from Keurig - don't know if that's the cheapest but I like the selection and get them delivered automatically (I buy both French Roast and Dark Magic Decaf).

I don't think I've ever seen 50k sublingual D3 or 25k sublingual A. I take both forms from Biotech (which I get from Amazon). As with protein, you're going to build up to your vitamins. If you buy capsules, you can open them up if you can't swallow whole capsules. You're not expected to start with the full DS complement of vitamins from the beginning. You start slowly - one or two at a time over the course of a week, then gradually build up.

Again, it's all about staying hydrated immediately post-op.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

QueenBee7
on 7/24/17 12:52 pm
DS on 02/04/14

Thanks Janet - good stuff.

I talked to Alex on Friday. I was so adamant about doing the right thing I loss a little perspective. You're right - I won't be expected to get all that in all at once. Baby steps, right?

Thanks for the reality check.

Alex and Dr. E just want to make sure I don't back slide into noncompliance. They've been very firm in their instructions. In the past when I get sick or nauseated I tend to just STOP eating.

5 (10,000 IU) are the same as 1(50,000 IU), right?

Janet P.
on 7/25/17 5:40 am
On July 24, 2017 at 7:52 PM Pacific Time, QueenBee7 wrote:

Thanks Janet - good stuff.

I talked to Alex on Friday. I was so adamant about doing the right thing I loss a little perspective. You're right - I won't be expected to get all that in all at once. Baby steps, right?

Thanks for the reality check.

Alex and Dr. E just want to make sure I don't back slide into noncompliance. They've been very firm in their instructions. In the past when I get sick or nauseated I tend to just STOP eating.

5 (10,000 IU) are the same as 1(50,000 IU), right?

Yes.

I honestly didn't realize you were going to Dr. E. I like Alex, but take what she says with a grain of salt.

With the DS stopping eating isn't an option. Neither are not taking your vitamins or not staying hydrated. You'll get the hang of it - just takes some focus.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

QueenBee7
on 7/25/17 9:10 pm
DS on 02/04/14

Thanks Janet - you're absolutely right. I'll definitely stay focused.