Georgia Surgeons?

mooneybeams
on 7/17/17 8:57 pm - gainesville, GA
VSG on 10/18/12

I'm looking for a DS surgeon in Georgia. Any recommendations? I have seen the few that are listed on the obvious websites, but I was hoping to get someone with personal experience. Thanks in advance!

larra
on 7/18/17 8:33 am - bay area, CA

I have no personal experience in your state, but I did recently hear of a DS surgeon there named either Dr. Pierre or Dr. Jean Pierre - sorry I can't remember exactly. Apparently he took over from Dr. Dennis Smith, a very well regarded DS surgeon who moved from GA to FLA.

More info in a pm.

Larra

Valerie G.
on 7/19/17 11:24 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Dr. Bonnani is another surgeon, and I believe he's in the Atlanta region. Other than that, your next stop is Dr. Smith in Celebration, FL.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

mooneybeams
on 7/19/17 11:34 am - gainesville, GA
VSG on 10/18/12

Hmmmmm I cannot find Bonnani in GA. But thanks for the reply.

Valerie G.
on 7/19/17 12:22 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Oh you're right. He moved to PA. It looks like Florida is your place for a DS surgeon.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

countryham
on 7/19/17 9:25 pm

Dr. Robert Richard. He did my Sleeve back in 2013 and back in January of this year he did a revision to the DS on me he is in Gwinnett Med. Center Duluth. As far as I know he will only do the DS as a revision.

mooneybeams
on 7/28/17 7:10 pm - gainesville, GA
VSG on 10/18/12

Thank you for the information. Do you know which DS he does? I have an appointment with him next month. How was your experience? PM me if you want to. Thanks so much.

Sharon-Sleeve 10-18-12 @ 273 pounds