Need pep talk...

Katetolov
on 7/11/17 6:02 pm

Thank you for the information on the doctor. Every detail helps right now as I'm still in that terrified yet excited stage. Additionally, it's great to know that the incision was perfectly straight he didn't warn me that that might be a possibility. I've already had a brachioplasty and extended tummy tuck and my breast done too so what's one more scar LOL thanks again!

Crazeru
on 7/12/17 5:00 pm

The most important thing is staying hydrated. The sip, sip, sip every 5 min is to allow you to get in 64oz of water daily. You may have to try cold, cool, room temp, warm or hot to see what you tolerate. I also made Val's Ricotta Fluff, you can search for the recipe. It's easy and lots of protein. I could only eat a couple of bites at a time, every hour I'd go by the fridge and eat a few bites.

I was a little OCD and put a spreadsheet up on the fridge to track my water and protein for the first 2 months.

Taking little walks, going a bit further every time. I started going to the end of my driveway, then past my yard, then the next house. By the end of the week I made the mistake of going around the whole block, which is like 3-4 blocks. Almost didn't make it. I was wiped out when I got home. DON'T OVERDO IT. If I did too much, I'd be shot for the next day.

I did take 8 weeks off. It was hard to wean myself off my daily naps. I'm not a good sleeper, and needed the naps for healing. Also, the more protein you can get in, it will help your healing.

Did Rabkin resize your sleeve?

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

megange1
on 7/12/17 5:10 pm

Thank you for this info. Yes, Rabkin resleeved me so I have an open scar. A tad harder. You're advice is great though! Thank you!

Pete3364
on 7/23/17 7:57 pm
DS on 06/28/17

It will get better. I was home the same day of my DS. I was back to work in one week. Should have been two weeks. I'm tired of living off protein shakes and vitamin supplements. This is my first WL surgery and I really wasn't expecting the whole change. I want normal solid foods but surgeon says wait another two weeks. I get weak and my energy level seems low. I just started Vitamin B-12 shots. So I hope that helps. I see that I am not alone and we all have different challenges after surgery. Good luck to you.