SIPS scheduled with Dr. Roslin on 7/17!

emb317
on 7/7/17 8:16 pm

hi everyone,

haven't posted in a while. my first post was about a year ago when I first began investigating bariatric surgery.

pleased to say after finally getting all my materials in to insurance, I was approved and am scheduled for a SIPS surgery with Dr. Roslin at Lenox Hill a week from Monday! I'm pretty excited but also a bit nervous. Any advice you have for my first month out?

Looking forward to being a more active member of the boards moving forward!

HW: 267 SW: 259 CW: 254 GW: 125

Height: 5'2" SIPS surgery with Dr. Roslin 7/17/17

QueenBee7
on 7/7/17 9:58 pm
DS on 02/04/14

Congrats on your big decision. I wish you much success in your weight loss journey.

What is SIPS? I'm not familiar...

emb317
on 7/8/17 12:16 pm

SIPs is basically a modified DS with a longer channel (also known as SADI-S.)

QueenBee7
on 7/8/17 9:42 pm
DS on 02/04/14

When you say longer common channel - how much is longer? I had a 100 cc and malnourished, I increased to 200 and couldn't loose. I'm hoping at 150 it's ideal....

What has your doctor recommended for your cc length?

I understand that everybody is different but I'm just curious.

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/17 2:18 am
QueenBee7
on 7/9/17 6:38 am
DS on 02/04/14

Thanks for your response. I'm still baffled about the common channel. I know everyone is different but the range of lengths from patient to patient and individuals ability or inability to loose weight sounds like a crapshoot. ???????

However, I still love my DS.

I think it's great that you have been so successful. I wish you continued success on your journey.

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/17 7:39 am
QueenBee7
on 7/9/17 8:55 am
DS on 02/04/14

True, true and definitely true.....

Valerie G.
on 7/9/17 1:52 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Until there is any long-term data, it really is a crapshoot, and experimental by all definitions. You'll see it called a modified DS, SADI, Loop DS. Every surgeon has their own spin on it, so there's no standardization. They bill insurance as a DS, and some have had their claims denied if someone from the insurance company looks at the op report closely and discovers some significant differences.

This might be the next greatest thing, but it just takes time. Surgeons cheating the system aren't helping to give it any integrity, though.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/17 5:41 pm