Who has gotten surgery in Mexicali Bariatric Center recently?

pink72284
on 6/21/17 1:46 pm, edited 6/22/17 11:46 am - Lancaster, CA

Anyone get surgery in Mexicali Bariatric Center recently?

***Update I talked with them and they only do RNY TO RNY Revision. Anyone have this done?

I am looking into RNY to hopefully DS and was looking at this place since I would be paying out of pocket. I know they have great reviews but going to a different country by myself makes me nervous. Any insight would be great.

Thank you

Vanessa

larra
on 6/21/17 4:09 pm - bay area, CA

Dr. Esquerra and the others at Mexicali Bariatric Center do not do RNY to DS revisions, and I would not recommend even considering anyone else in Mexico. This is a very complex and difficult surgery, as it requires taking apart your entire RNY, restoring everything to the original anatomy, and THEN doing the DS. The risks are much higher than with a virgin DS. I say all this not to discourage you, but to explain why so few surgeons do it and that you have to pick your surgeon very carefully.

Given your location, the best option for you is Dr. Ara Keshishian in Glendale. Also here in CA we have Dr. John Rabkin in San Francisco. Both are very experienced DS surgeons who are also experienced with RNY to DS revisions, and that's what you need. I'll send more info in a pm.

Larra

Janet P.
on 6/22/17 10:25 am
On June 21, 2017 at 8:46 PM Pacific Time, pink72284 wrote:

Anyone get surgery in Mexicali Bariatric Center recently?

I am looking into RNY to hopefully DS and was looking at this place since I would be paying out of pocket. I know they have great reviews but going to a different country by myself makes me nervous. Any insight would be great.

Thank you

Vanessa

RNY converted to DS is a very complicated surgery and there are only a handful of surgeons who do it. I know my surgeon does it (Elariny in Fairfax, VA) and a few others.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Lorrainecma
on 6/24/17 10:19 am

I would like to revise to DS from RNY, but I am clueless as to how to even start....or if I even qualify.

Did you do this? If so, could you tell us how you are doing, and what are the qualifying factors?

pink72284
on 6/24/17 8:31 pm - Lancaster, CA

Well I came to realize only a select few Drs revise RNY to DS. I am thinking we will pay out of pocket for the Dr in Glendale, CA. I think DS is my best option over just getting RNY to RNY revision. My insurance unfortunatly does not approve the surgery.

aadidas7
on 7/6/17 8:40 pm - Kokomo, IN

I have heard that

Dr Juan Arellano - Mexico Bariatric Team does the RNY to DS revision. Not a SADI. I am looking into him as a backup if I cannot get insurance to approve my revision here in the US.

Lorrainecma
on 6/24/17 10:19 am

I would like to revise to DS from RNY, but I am clueless as to how to even start....or if I even qualify.

Did you do this? If so, could you tell us how you are doing, and what are the qualifying factors?

jackie_p36
on 6/30/17 7:19 pm

I just came back from a VSG resleeve and DS this past Tuesday. 8 days out today. I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Esquarra and his whole team. I had a hernia and severe adhesions from previous surgeries, not to mention a sleeve that was done way to big. They were very thorough and were constantly checking up on me. Most of the nurses spoke English and were very caring and helpful as well. I am doing well despite a severe battle with head hunger. Nothing negative to report what so ever.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wF0T1NC/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wF0T1NC/weight.png[/img]
[/url]