Scared newbie

Janet P.
on 5/26/17 10:05 am
On May 24, 2017 at 4:13 PM Pacific Time, GenJones wrote:

I assume you mean several months (years?) out from surgery? I have to say it's really good to know that life will be kind of normal at some point post-op. Can I ask, is it difficult to eat veggies?

I eat certain veggies but it's not my main focus. I don't eat much spinach or leafy greens. I'll eat salad maybe once or twice a week. I eat high carb veggies in moderation (corn, peas, etc.). No problems with raw veggies. Love green beans. It's also personal preference - I'm just not a big veggie person.

It goes back to one of my earlier posts about re-learning how to eat. You discover things post-DS that didn't affect you pre-DS. For example, the first time I ate an apple I thought I was going to die. I realized that I can't break down the skin of an apple. So now when I want an apple, I simply peel it. I've completely eliminated citrus - simply too high in carbs. Haven't had orange juice in years (and I miss it). Love bananas.

It's all a trade-off.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

GenJones
on 5/26/17 10:24 am

No citrus, no leafy greens... is this why vitamins are so important?

globaljuju
on 5/29/17 11:00 pm
VSG on 12/20/13

I had the sleeve done in December of 2013. All the weight has come back. Total waste of time and money. And I'm hungry all the time, but still can't enjoy a beverage with my meals. I'm getting the DS done next month, and I'm very excited. I wish I had done that in the first place. The sleeve seemed too good to be true, and it is! Best of luck to you!