2 weeks out, acid reflux.

Primrose
on 5/2/17 9:14 pm
DS on 04/18/17

I had a revision from the VSG to the DS two weeks ago. My doctor didn't do anything to my sleeve so has moved me to pureed foods at this point.

I've been having pretty bad reflux with the worst of it happening the later it gets in the day. I thought I read where the DS "fixes" reflux suffered by sleeve patients. I had reflux at the beginning of my sleeve, but it went away after a month or two.

I called the doctor's office today to let them know, but he was doing surgeries all day. His nurse said she'd look into having something called in for me. I got a message that they're prescribing me Prilosec for the next 3 months. I'm hoping to get in touch with them to get more info soon, but I'm wondering if any of the rest of you had this happen?

Is it normal to need at first? Did it go away? I was starting to think it was my vitamins, but I didn't take them today and it happened about an hour ago despite no vites.

Any sharing of info is appreciated.

Janet P.
on 5/3/17 6:31 am

Perfectly normal and your surgeon probably should have prescribed it immediately. You can buy it OTC.

Your surgeon should have given you instructions. Usually you don't start vitamins for the first 30 days and then its a slow and gradual increase. Not sure if the instructions are the same for a revision. Hopefully others will weigh in.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Primrose
on 5/3/17 5:38 pm
DS on 04/18/17

Thank you. It's good to know I'm not alone. I thought it was odd to add the vitamins so quickly.

K P.
on 5/3/17 9:16 am
DS on 07/08/14

I had GERD before surgery and surgery only made it worse. I had to double my Prilosec. Not a big deal to me though as the surgery is a life saver. Hope the Prilosec helps you. I know some people use Pepcid or Zantac as well, but they didn't work for me. Tums by the handful also helps for the occasional flare up, just chew them really well.

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

Primrose
on 5/3/17 5:40 pm
DS on 04/18/17

I'm so sorry you still have to suffer this. I took my first Prilosec today. The info said it can take a few days to work.

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/17 9:49 am
Primrose
on 5/3/17 5:40 pm
DS on 04/18/17

Hopefully I'll only be on this temporarily. Thanks for the response :)