Tijuana DS doctor Referrals please

ALighterMe 1.
on 4/7/17 11:15 am

For anyone who has had their DS and/or WL surgery done in Tijuana Mexico, please send me your doctor's info if you felt they did a great job. Thank you.

TvanV
on 4/7/17 1:16 pm, edited 4/7/17 6:16 am
DS on 03/09/17

Are you definite on just Tijuana, or would you consider Mexicali? If so, I highly, highly recommend Dr. Esquerra at Mexicali Bariatric Clinic.

larra
on 4/7/17 7:05 pm - bay area, CA

We have seen some real horror stories from people trying to get a cheap DS in tijuana. On the other hand, we have seen nothing but positive reports regarding Dr. Esquerra. He is the only DS surgeon in Mexico that most people here would recommend.

Larra

PattyL
on 4/8/17 1:00 pm

^^^^^What she said. Go Esquerra! The only experienced DS surgeon there!

Valerie G.
on 4/9/17 11:14 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You will find docs in TJ that say they do the DS, but there are some bad horror stories of patients that have had hybrid butchering done, or the second a complication is noticed, patient is packed up and put on the plane before they have to deal with it. We had one gal who went to a TJ surgeon to save $500, and nearly died at home before she could even find a surgeon who would agree to help her when she got home.

Trust us, nobody in TJ has developed a decent reputation as a DS surgeon. Go to Mexicali

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

LaceyKitN
on 4/14/17 2:33 pm - Olympia, WA

Can we talk more about this? I had my Lapband and Lapband revision in TJ Dr. Ortiz who I feel is one of the best surgeons ever. However, I need a revision to my failed sleeve and doesn't do Ds so I am beginning to research surgeons who do it. I am open to going somewhere else but I don't even know where Mexicali is or how to get there. Or anything about the surgeon you mentioned. But I am open to learning everything. Details?

Michelle in Washington State

Valerie G.
on 4/15/17 2:36 pm, edited 4/15/17 7:40 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

The practice in Mexicali can help you arrange everything. It's like having a medical concierge without paying the extra cost for one. Here is the site

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Darice N.
on 4/19/17 5:18 pm - Washington, AR
Lap Band on 08/08/05 with

I had a DS done in TJ by Dr. Alejandro Ortiz Lopez & have lost 98 lbs in 7 months with no complications. The Vida clinic Is immaculate & the staff are excellent. I would highly recommend Dr. Lopez at ALO BARIATRICS. He has a website on the internet.

Revision to DS: 8/31/2016 with Dr. Alejandro Lopez in Tijuana

SW: 260 (before pre-op diet)/CW:150(5/30/17)GW:140