Surgery date

RhondaJS
on 3/1/17 4:01 pm

Hello!

So a lot has changed since I posted almost 6 months ago.  I decided to go to a different bariatric practice.  I found a surgeon I love, and I'm scheduled for my ds revision for 4/10.  Now that it's really happening, I am still in a bit of shock!

Anybody out there have experience with a 2nd stage ds?  How much excess weight did you lose and how long did it take you to lose it?  I meet with my surgeon tomorrow and I want to talk to him about cc length.

Take care!  And I can't wait to get back to a lower bmi!

larra
on 3/1/17 7:37 pm - bay area, CA

Congratulations on your decision and your date. What surgeon did you settle on? Full DS with 2 anastamoses, I hope?

Larra

RhondaJS
on 3/2/17 9:18 am

Hello!

Yes. 2 anastomoses. He is Dr. Nepomnashay in Burlington, MA. He's one of two doctors in Boston that I know of that do the ds. I ran a bunch of questions by him and he did make the comment that he thinks revision ds surgery will be the future of sleeve patients. I put him through the ringer with all of my questions. He may never perform ds on an icu nurse again!

larra
on 3/2/17 4:05 pm - bay area, CA

Good job! Everyone should ask lots of questions. It's life changing surgery and every patient has a right to know and understand what he/she is getting into.

Larra

MajorMom
on 3/3/17 1:58 am - VA

Congratulations! Can't wait to follow your success.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

RhondaJS
on 3/3/17 10:44 am

Thanks so much, Gina! I remember you from my first surgery on the lightweight board. You were always so encouraging and it's nice to see a friendly face! Xo

MajorMom
on 3/3/17 4:31 pm - VA

Awww! Good to see a fellow lightweight! :)

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny