Trip to India

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/16 11:57 pm, edited 12/30/16 1:41 am

deleted

Jwy
on 12/11/16 11:41 am

I recently returned from my surgery in Brazil and was worried about the long flight and bathroom issues. Luckily I took the overnight flight instead of the day flight. It worked out well bc most passengers were sleeping so there was very little traffic in the bathrooms and the noise of the plane muffled the noise my stomach made 

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/16 6:53 pm
dustycroy
on 12/15/16 10:10 pm
DS on 05/14/13
I plan on going to my dads for one or two nights... My strategy, plain and simple is..... Im not eating..... yep thats right, I dont care, and I know I can do it..... I will drink plenty of liquids keeping myself well hydrated...... and bring gas X just in case.... that always really helps me.... My thing is, is that there is no way Im am going to leave a bathroom at someone elses house stinky, and noisy.... no way... I need my time in the morning comfortably to myself so I can relax and do my business in peace..... Yes, I have tried "pooporri" and I like it, but that still doesnt help the noise and the time that you spend in there, and lets face it doesnt completely take away the smell..... It is what it is..... and Im trueful about it with people.... Its funny I can talk about it pretty openly, but when it comes to just doing my thing, I need to be completely comfortable and to myself......lol If I had to be on a plane I know I would do the same thing....

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

dustycroy
on 12/15/16 10:10 pm
DS on 05/14/13
Brandy G.
on 12/20/16 1:10 pm
DS on 08/20/14

I don't mean to pick on you here, and I'm certainly not in any kind of "do what I do" kind of mind set cuz I do not have this one solved.  But it should go without saying if there is a choice between hurting body OR giving a stranger a few uncomfortable breaths... Well that isn't a choice at all, OF COURSE we don't hurt ourselves

I was just listening to the song "Smells like Funk" by the Black Eyed Pees.  It is my goal to be able to sing that loudly and proudly by the end of next year.  Remember how fun farts were when you were 7?  I want that back!  Plus,  I'm trying to avoid my husband's threat to buy me the book _Everybody Poops_ if I didn't get over myself.  Actually, he threated to read it out loud to me in public if he ever thought I was hurting myself to avoid farting or pooping. 

If it smells like funk it must be us
Cause nobody's funky as us
Cause we keep it stinky, (stinky)
We keep it stinky ( stinky)
We keep it stinky (stinky) stinky stinky stinky ....

And I worry about any DS'er not eating, that means no supplements or supplements on an empty stomach and I think that would trigger my hubby into doing a few verses about how dolphins and elephants and horses all poop. You know your body though, but for me, going inconsistent with my supplements in a one way road to digest hell for days.   Generally, it is the special things I did to try and minimize any possible anything that backfire and cause me pain and those around me to suffer.  I know how to have a good digestive day, and I need to make sure that happens no matter what I'm doing, even if it is as cool as going to India!!  Still, I doubt a day without supplements a few times a year is much of a problem. 

The other day I walked into a stinky woman's public restroom and one of the toilets hadn't flushed correctly and you know what?  I didn't die.  I didn't hate or think bad things about the woman I guessed might have accidently left the mess behind.  I flushed the toilet for them and the room smelled better right away and no harm, no problem.   It wasn't a big deal.  I don't know why it is sometime beyond me to imagine the same non-judgmental courtesy coming back towards me, especially for this.  They say that fat people learn to be passive and pleasant and I think the troubles we have in this area are probably coming from that dark space in our psyche and not our better selves.  But what the hell do I know?  I've got no real answers. 

It is weird the ways the DS makes you grow up and transform.  The physical changes are the smallest!

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

-Flo-
on 12/21/16 4:50 pm
DS on 04/11/16

I found a great new spray called zero odor. I got it on amazon. It really works. It leaves behind a slight smell of bleach but I happen to love the smell of bleach. 

hipswishingvinegarball
on 12/24/16 2:57 am

We've done many similar long flights (India, Costa Rica, multiple to Europe) and I fly out of Seattle, so also gruesomely long flights. At nearly 9 years post op, traveling is my main new hobby.

So, smell and poop. I'll admit right now, I'm not the most careful eater. In fact, I can be downright reckless, and when traveling or in weird places, you eat what you can find, and if all you have is a 2 foot long baguette in hubby's back pack, that may be all you get for a while. I don't bother with devrom or special undies at all, but rarely have issue in flight (or ever, unless I change this routine). 

I've learned that some probiotics work better for me than others, and they don't all work for the same things. So I've resorted to taking a variety, and am nearly fart free, and any smell is less offensive and on par with a normie. I used to take several probiotics a day, of mb 3 kinds. Now, I think I have a more stable population of the "good guys" in my gut, and may only take one per day, but alternate types. I do this all the time, so when flying time comes, things are already chill. I think it's best to try to maintain a stable population of good guys in there so bad stink causing strains don't really get a chance, but if you can't do it full time, I'd try a little more variety of probiots for the week before a flight. The fluctuating air pressure on planes can make trapped gas painful for anyone, so if we have extra it can be much worse, so do what you can to minimize your pain, and if you need to fart, just DO. Everyone farts more on planes because of the pressure changes, so don't stress about it.