Hey there DSers!

* Nicole *
on 9/27/16 2:01 pm

Sigh, I know Im bad about getting on here, life has just been crazy.

Im a bit over 11 years post op. At my lowest weight yet. Im a stationary engineer now (in short I make electrical power and other things from steam).

I regret nothing about my DS and honestly without it, the underlying health issue that caused the weight would probably have killed me, I always wondered why I was a very healthy fat person. My weight was a not too common side effect of CAH (congenital adrenal hyperplyasia). As it mimics some pcos symptoms, just without sugar/insulin issues and usually very healthy outside of the weight. Worst thing I was the one to figure it out after an adrenal crisis (scarey stuff, think like heart attack scarey). Which was after realizing I was salt wasting.

But my DS has helped ixnae a bunch of other issues right away, because with my labs everything was spot on perfect, sodium was a bit low. So the dr had to bite the bullet right away to the adrenals.Totally healthy but yet not. My body fat is like 24%, i freakin sink in a pool, lol, as bone and muscle mass are that much more in me, lol.

Ugh so much ugh. But my ds made me the advocate I have come to be. And damn glad it did! So I have more to thank my DS for than one could realize. Yeah thats right my DS actually wasnt a problem causer it was a problem solver.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

MajorMom
on 9/27/16 4:51 pm - VA

You done good! Don't be a stranger.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

* Nicole *
on 9/28/16 7:33 am

Im going to try not to be!

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

Beam me up Scottie
on 9/27/16 7:35 pm
Old timers unite!

Good to see you again!
* Nicole *
on 9/28/16 7:34 am

Lol dont remind me im getting old, LOL.

Good to see you too!