feeling depressed

alishak
on 3/11/16 6:42 am

Im guessing its totally normal at this point. 2 weeks and a few days out. I just feel so sad. Still having trouble with foods, and cant get my all my vitamins down.  Still hurt everywhere. And im pretty sure i got some nerve damage from the epidural i had. That is painful and annoying. I just needed to vent to people who understand. Im trying to count the days till the 6 week recovery timeline. Which hopefully ill feel better by then.  :(  

Brandy G.
on 3/11/16 10:41 am
DS on 08/20/14

You didn't mention that there are side effects to the surgery drugs that make a person clinically depressed.   So, yes, very normal and you are wise in just trying to look past it.

I had a concept of a perfect day.  That was a day were I drank all my water, took all my pills, got all my protein and took a mile walk.  Something that would have been simple to do before surgery.  I was pretty close to three months before I had my first perfect day.  It takes a while to heal and to figure out how to make you new DS body happy.  Just keep plugging at it. 

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

alishak
on 3/11/16 12:31 pm

Yea thats what i have to do. Trying to keep my mind occupied helps, watching my shows and what not. 

Isha F.
on 3/11/16 10:30 pm

How your feeling is totally normal and it does keep getting better and better, just very hard to see past it at the beginning.  Hang in there!

Isha - I lost 235 pounds EATING NORMAL!  Saavy? Click on my name to find out why I chose the Duodenal Switch Surgery instead. 

isha.jpg picture by leaannjohnson
 Captain Hook: [to Wendy] Didst thou ever want to be a pirate? 

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/16 1:28 pm

Lots of people say they feel this way and some have said the anesthetic makes some people depressed (after effect).  You are doing the right thing. Keep plodding and day by day you will feel better. Hopefully the nerves will recover from the epidural and in a few months or even weeks you will feel better than new.

alishak
on 3/13/16 5:41 pm

Thats what im hoping and waiting for. Sooner the better!

Most Active