cant wait to feel normal

Brandy G.
on 3/7/16 7:04 pm
DS on 08/20/14

I had some swallowing problems so I stayed on a liquid or soft diet for almost three months and so variety became very important to me.

Gallons of soup, especially broth - homemade and from the cubes was my number one staple.   I would get almost any kind of soup and either strain it or just spit out what I couldn't eat too much of.  So really good New England clam chowder was heavenly, but I generally spit out about 90% of the potatoes.  I didn't do as well with acid, but I found I could do tomato based soups if I mixed them about 50/50 with heavy cream or even water.   Japanese ramen without the noodles and veggies was one of the first foods that really tasted good to me.  At a good ramen restaurant you should be able to order your meat as a super extra fatty pork that only a DS'er can eat guilt free.   Also coconut milk soups like from Thailand.  I put Jewish chopped liver on the "soft foods list" although I think it was a month or so before I could deal with more than a small bite or two of that.  Wendy's chili was not always safe for me to eat, but my own homemade stuff or even the canned chili was always good. 

Oh, dips!  I used to make 1960's era warm party dips, Like Crab and Asiago and just eat them with a spoon.  They were always a treat, warm, gooey and rich.  Cheese fondue straight off the fork is great too or a few thin slices of apple when you are ready. 

And though it is the very opposite of a soft food, a juicy rare steak, cut into tiny pea sized pieces was something that went down easily enough that I snuck it in when ever I was craving something more substantial. 

Good luck! 

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

alishak
on 3/8/16 7:08 am

Well we went shopping yesterday i didnt get much. Like 3 soups, i bought a turkey chili no beans, some cooked fajita chicken, and some bbq pulled chicken. And some more yogurts. But i am still having a hard time with dairy even with the lactose pills. So right now its just soups and banana really that are agreeijg with me but obiously i want something thats a bit more solid. Also i dont have a kitchen so it has to be something i can microwave. Bleh i just cant wait for this part to be done

Most Active