pre op low carb 6-8 weeks?

alishak
on 1/30/16 6:28 pm

Well thats certainly a big fear of mine is having absolutely terrible gas bloating and diarrhea every day.  I dont think i could realistically for myself not eat fruit. And certain whole grain items at all. And then the fact that some veggies have more carbs than others.  I cant do that long term. I wouldnt want to really. Not like id need an excessive amount but i cant do veggies and meat alone forever. Maybe im not understanding but thats what it sounds like ur saying.  Its something thats really making me question this particular surgery. But i have heard tons and tons of other people eat pretty normal diets. Ive also heard the ones who cant. 

PattyL
on 1/31/16 12:37 am

You will only lose easily for @2 years.  So use the time wisely.  Protein and low carb foods only.

Yes there are people who ate whatever and made it to thin.  Then there are those who did not.  There is no way to know where you will fall in the mix.  I tell everyone lose all the weight.  THEN find out what you can eat in the carb department.

K P.
on 1/31/16 4:04 pm
DS on 07/08/14

I did think I could do no fruit either. But you learn, you learn what fruit is doable. For example raspberries are lower carb. Or eat 1/2 an apple vs the whole thing. But fruit is full of sugar, even good sugar is still sugar. 

You are making a lifestyle change. Your diet will change. Some people can eat lots of carbs no problem - some of us can't. You won't know until after. So you have to be prepared. 

I go out to eat all the time with people and they would have no idea that I'd had this surgery. I simply say no to bread, pasta, etc. If I want desert i'll have a few bites vs the whole thing. 

I urge you to read the post Val does daily about our daily bites/vites/exercites. You'll see how a variety of us eat at different stages. 

But reality is, if you aren't willing to make these changes now you will have a hard time with this surgery. You do make a lot of dietary changes. 

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

alishak
on 1/31/16 9:15 am

Yea. I get what u mean. I plan to take this as an opportunity to learn those better life long habits anyways. I was thinking maybe i could go to my grandmas house who lives about 2 miles from me n see if i can use her kitchen to prep some meals for the week. Trying to get all the pre op testing done as fast as i can. 

Most Active