A second - second chance.

joneswood
on 12/30/15 2:25 pm

I had my DS in December of 2007.  Since then, I've been able to eat most foods and have had no complications.  In the past two years, I started smoking again, skipped doctors appointments and my diet was a wreck.  Christmas Day I ended up in the ER (thought I had an ulcer).  It turns out that I had stones and sludge in my gall bladder.  Saturday and part of Sunday was spent in pretty bad pain in the hospital.  I passed the stone no Sunday morning and had my gall bladder removed on Monday.

Im at home with my family feeling sore, but good.  I feel extremely lucky and to be honest, I'm feeling pretty foolish, as well.  I was given a great opportunity with the DS and almost ruined everything with being stupid and not following simple directions.  I've learned that I cannot take my health for granted and cannot believe I smoked again.  Spending Xmas in the hospital was a downer, and it was certainly a wake up call.  I am sitting here with my family realizing how lucky I am and what is truly important.  Please use my example as a lesson of what not to do.  The DS provides us with an opportunity to experience healthy and fulfilling lives.  I will not take it for granted.

Thanks for listening and Happy New Year!

MajorMom
on 12/31/15 2:39 am - VA

I'm just glad you're ok. Happy New Year. The DS Class of 2007 was a great year!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active