Need Before After Comparison Please

WolfBear15
on 12/16/15 10:57 am

I am having difficulty getting an idea of before and after I might experience. If you are similar,  or have seen a comparison, please let me know. 

Start= Date of DS surgery:12/7/2015.  6'4" @ 42 y.o. At 350  

Playing as tight end and in great shape 25 years ago, I was 230. Max ever 386.  Gradually gained and then At 370 lbs for at least 2 years.   I Lost 30 lbs in 60 days prior to surgery

Surgery: 12/7/15  350 lbs  6'4.  

Im wondering about what Id look like on my journey and after. Amount of Skin Left?  Is 230 possible? Cant find similar before and afters.

larra
on 12/17/15 11:09 am - bay area, CA

It's going to be difficult to find others with your exact situation because most (about 75-80%) of the people who have bariatric surgery are women, and most men aren't your height.

Having said that, I will add that, assuming you had the DS since you are posting on the DS forum, you had the bariatric surgery with the best statistics for percentage excess weight loss, for maintaining that weight loss, and for resolution of almost all comorbidities. I would guess that 230 is possible but it's just a guess.

More info in a pm.

Larra

White Dove
on 12/17/15 8:07 pm - Warren, OH

Put your information into the PostOp Planner to get an estimate of how much weight loss to expect each month.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/15 1:50 am

You should have no issue losing 120lbs in12 months if you follow the basics. I'm 6'1, had a 40 BMI and lost 140 lbs in a year.

Here's the part you don't know. The 230lbs is in your head but doesn't have anything to do with what you will or won't lose. Your body will gravitate to a point of equilibrium that it likes regardless of what you want.

Just follow the plan from your doctor / nutritionist and modify for what works best for you. I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up less than 230, maybe a lot less.

Good luck!

chevtow41
on 12/20/15 7:46 am
DS on 11/11/14

I'm 6'2" and started at 469lbs. 13 months later I'm at 210lbs. So 230 is very possible if you stay on low carb/high fat/high water. I have plenty of extra skin but you could be better off there because you didn't start as high.

WolfBear15
on 12/21/15 8:02 pm

Thanks chevtow!  What an awesome success you worked to achieve!  That is amazing. I really dont care what my numbers windup being as much as being healthy and proud. I think i'm really freaked out about excess skin. Im walking and already going to the gym and lifting for muscle mass.  Hoping to fill up as much excess skin as i can with muscle. Im not doing abs or core yet till ive healed a bit from surgery, but doc said i could do legs and arms. Im doing them via machines rather than free weights so their is no stress on my core. 

Beam me up Scottie
on 12/24/15 4:05 pm
I think it's likely that you will go below 230, men lose faster than women. Be prepared for excess skin. It's almost unavoidable
Most Active