Vitamin A

lelu2312
on 11/12/15 7:14 am
DS on 10/27/14

I just got my labs done for my one year post op and everything looks great except my vitamin A. I currently take Biotech A-25 (25K iu per pill) 4 times a day. So 100k iu per day but my vitamin A was only 35. I was just wondering how much we can absorb at once? If I double the dosage to 50k each time, will I be absorbing that much or would it be a waste?

Thanks!

Crazeru
on 11/12/15 1:10 pm

I have to take my dry vits away from food (or my levels kept going down).  I take them if I get up in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning.  My D came up to over 100, taking 1-50k, and my A came up to the 80s.  I take 1-25k with my D & E and a calcium dose. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

PattyL
on 11/12/15 1:31 pm

Normal values range from 50 to 200 micrograms per deciliter.  And you are low.  It's not that unusual to see people having problems absorbing A.  I looked up the A you take and it's the right stuff.  If you are already taking 100K iu per day, it's not likely you will absorb more if you take more.  I would try this next.  I would buy the multivite patches from patchmd and add them to what I was already taking and test again in 6 months.  And I would change my creams/moisturizers to A&D ointment.  Yup, the same stuff they put on baby butts.  Great moisturizer in cold winter months but it won't work for everything because it's pretty greasy.  Use it when you can.  Try to up your A by using transdermals.  BTW, you can usually find a promo code(40% off) out there for patchmd.

If the above doesn't work, my next choice would be injectable A.  I would go for A&D for the double whammy.

So today you are more than a year out.  As time passes you will start absorbing more anyway! 

Most Active