Has it really been that long...

* Nicole *
on 10/28/15 1:57 pm

Hi there OH DSers! Long time no chat with the few I know that are still here.

A quick run down for thoes who dont know me, had my DS 8/15/2005. At the ripe age of 22. So yes I was a "youngin" and Im now also 10 years post op.

I do not regret any of it. Funny thing is my DS works just as well now (actually I think better) than before. I had a bit of regain for a few years that put me roughly 25-30lbs over my lowest(rebound weight). Then I found my job was making me miserable and eating out of boredom. And the choices didnt help as I was always too busy to take lunch or eat breakfast before work. But now I am at my lowest weight ever! 10 years later! Heck im 20lbs lighter now than what I am in my avatar from which is from this time last year. (Dont care who you are rockin white breeches is never easy). Just made better choices on when I eat and what I eat at thoes times.

All I can say is dont ask about my vitamin regamin, as I am the exception to the rules (no joke). My body is an interesting beast with little room for error or ill pay dearly. My regamin is very small and easy, but I dont want new folks thinking Ill just do what she does. Trust me..... dont follow my lead on that,lol.

Biggest thing Im hating about this new found weightloss.....my clothes dont fit AND having to get new show clothes (for showing horses, stuff is expensive).

I try to come read when I can and offer support, but Im rusty on some things, my life doesnt revolve around my DS. Hell somedays I can almost forget I had it....till i see my lack of a belly button,lol.

For the newly out, give it time. You didnt put on all the weight overnight and its jot going to go away overnight.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

NoreenRT
on 10/28/15 6:07 pm - Warner Robins, GA

Hi Nicole. So nice to hear you are doing well and still enjoying your DS. Thanks for taking the time to post,

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

MajorMom
on 10/29/15 2:33 am - VA

Hey, lady! : )

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

PeteA
on 10/29/15 2:34 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Sounds great. Congratulations!!!!!

As with everything if your vitamin schedule works for you that is all that counts. Interesting to have the "my clothes don't fit because I'm smaller" problem that far out. Again - good for you!!!!

Pete

stacy T.
on 10/30/15 4:01 pm - San Francisco, CA

Don't know that we have 'met' but I relate to your comment. At 15 years out I don't usually think about it all that much either. I get asked "did you protein" still, but other than my loving family helping me avoid what we call "stupid hungry" it's not an issue. And I have a hard time believing it's been this long!

As for show clothes, I find at a smaller size I have a better choice from the second hand options. Lots of lovely stuff out there. Check ebay!

And an Arab will take care of you, but an Appy will take care of you and tell you what ya did wrong, too!

Most Active