How long after DS did you need before you went back to work?

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/15 8:30 pm

Stacy has a good point regarding your travel distance to work. If it's short, it's less of an issue. At north of 30 minutes, you'll have a bathroom risk for awhile.

BebeZed
on 10/16/15 10:42 am - Bellingham, WA

I am sure I am atypical - I had a VERY easy time of it. I telecommute - it's all computer work - so I went back to work 1/2 day 6 days after the surgery. I am back working full days now.

HOWEVER, I wouldn't consider this typical... just one of many in a range. My doctor recommended 2 weeks minimum off work, and that was for a desk job. Physical jobs would take longer...

I would think that if you had a "normal" recovery that 2-3 weeks would be about right... but then again it all depends on how you react to the surgery.

* Nicole *
on 10/18/15 3:44 am

If I remember right I was back to work with a lifting restriction after 2 weeks (basically after 1st post op appointment).

Its is a your milage may vary, my job at the time involved time driving and lots of moving around.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

Most Active