Surgery is tomorrow!

Nicole E.
on 8/14/13 12:34 am - Houston, TX
DS on 08/15/13

My surgery is tomorrow. 24 hours from now I'll still be on the operating table. (Surgery is at 8AM)

I'm quite calm at the moment--calmer than I expected to be. I'll probably start the freak out when I get to the hospital, haha.

I've taken the advice of others and am looking through a lot of the older topics in this forum. But for some reason...I can only go back to 2011. The only way I can look at earlier posts is to look through older members' post histories--which is a bit creepy for me, but I have to do what I have to do.

It's been four years since I was denied for WLS (RnY) and seven years since a doctor suggested I look into wls. I was devastated over my denial, but now I look at it as a blessing in disguise. I was looking at the DS back then and wanted it, but my insurance didn't cover it and I didn't want to raise a fuss. But now I'm more mature and know the importance of speaking up for myself--an important trait of a DSer.

I'll be glad when this is finally over. :) Can't wait unti I start walking and sipping!

Thank you all for being so helpful to this pre-op. :)

Huneypie
on 8/14/13 2:24 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

All the best Nicole - you sound like you're well prepared for this!! ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Nicole E.
on 8/14/13 1:32 pm - Houston, TX
DS on 08/15/13

Thank you!

dustypages
on 8/14/13 12:17 pm - In America, KS

Just chiming in to wish you an uneventful surgery and recovery.   See you on the dark side.

Dusty

I give because I have been given much.
Nicole E.
on 8/14/13 1:32 pm - Houston, TX
DS on 08/15/13

Thank You! I can't wait until I'm on the dark side. :)

meq815
on 8/14/13 11:59 pm - PA

You'll do great!  After all, your surgery is on my birthday!  You, too, will be reborn!!!

Nicole E.
on 8/19/13 11:01 am - Houston, TX
DS on 08/15/13

Thank you so much! Sorry for not responding earlier, but everything turned out fine.

PeteA
on 8/15/13 4:39 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Todays is the day. angry Congratulations!

Nicole E.
on 8/19/13 11:02 am - Houston, TX
DS on 08/15/13

Thank You! :)

Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 61 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 61 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 717 views