***Friday Bites, Vites & Exercites***

P. Poster
on 4/19/13 1:32 pm

I eat completely normal.  If I didnt tell people I had WLS, they would never know.  I can eat a normal portion, of normal food, anywhere I go, including rolls, salad, entree, side dishes (bites here and there) and even a few bites of desert with a drink.  Tonight for example- I had 8 (yes eight) buffalo wings dripping in ranch and 2 pieces of bacon pizza, including crust.  No issues.  Bonus?  I dont have to worry about gaining an ounce or my cholesterol being through the roof, or my blood pressure going up from the sodium or anything.  I dont eat pizza everyday, but I have it once a week and I enjoy it!  I get the wings to make sure I get my protein in first, then I have pizza with whatever room I have left.  Sometimes its a bite or two, sometimes its a piece or two.  

I cook regular meals for my family.  A protein and sides.  I will either have a few bites of the starch I make for them, or not, depending on if I am full from my protein and veggies.  I also switched over to low carb pasta, and low carb breads for the whole family, and we are all happy to be "meatatarians" here.  Even my 5 year old prefers meat and dairy, fresh veg and fruit to anything else.  I sitll make at least one pasta dish a week (with Dreamfields) and tacos, casseroles, crock pot meals, soups, stews, etc. Nothing has changed really.  I just make sure to eat my protein first and make low carb selections where I can.

nativenewyorker64
on 4/19/13 2:40 pm - UT
Thanks again for helping me out. The closer my date gets the more questions I come up with.

Recent Topics