Coconut Milk is the devil!

Dudette
on 12/12/11 3:17 am, edited 12/12/11 3:37 am - Edina, MN
 I was having problems with barfing up mucous/slime-ing/foamies about 4 weeks post-op. Since the only things my stomach could tolerate at that point were liquids and soft foods like jello, pudding, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. I assumed it might be lactose intolerance. I contacted my surgeon and he suggested laying off dairy for a few weeks and going back to a liquid diet to see if that helped. I went to Whole Foods looking for some dairy substitutes and stumbled upon the Organic Coconut Milk products by So Delicious.

The good news is that I have been slowly reintroducing dairy to my diet with success. The prospect of becoming permenantly lactose intolerant was a real bummer to me, so I'm pretty happy that I've been able to eat yogurt and cheese this past week with no problems. What's left of the carton of Coconut Milk will probably get poured down the drain. I'll hang on to the yummy So Delicious coconut mil**** cream in my freezer. Might even offer a dish of it to my sister when she comes to visit for the hollidays....  Muahahaha! 

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/12/11 3:22 am
I had lactose intolerance during the first year or two after surgery (not an issue now) and found that goats milk didn't cause me the problems that cows milk did. 

I was resistant at first, since I hadn't had it before, and am a weeny when it comes to new foods, but I liked it in my protein shakes. I still use it sometimes just for the nutritional differences, even though lactose isn't a problem now. 

Most Active