Food Advice?

Its a Secret
on 12/10/11 12:09 am, edited 1/24/12 8:36 pm
Ok . My nutritionist says never more than 4 oz in a sitting and gave me sample diet menus of things like 2 oz meat and 2 oz pudding..stuff like that.

I'm on mushies so I'm not up to this menu yet but I'm wondering. Does this menu come from the land of RNY or does it apply to DS as well. I know to keep my carbs under 50 and protein over 100 (I made it to 78 yesterday :)

I woke up this morning and really couldn't figure out what to eat that was mushie. I know this was a bad one but I had 1/2 a banana, a .75 oz slab of cheese and make my protein coffee that will take me till 2 to drink (I make them like 24 oz but I've upped them to 2 scoops so I've had 50 grams of protein by the time I drink it).

When I get to real food, do I pay closer attention to weighing and measuring my food or to how my body feels...right now, I know eating more than like 4 oz would be a disaster on my tum but I'm questioning what I do in a few weeks when it's more healed...

Larissa P.
on 12/10/11 12:56 am - Denton, TX
Ignore...it's RNY speak - they don't want you "stretching out" your pouch and re-gaining weight.

You eat what you can, when you can, as often as you can, as a DSer. You listen to your body, not what others say you should or shouldn't do.  Always protein first. Never weigh or measure your food, unless it's just for your information/curiosity. What is this, 1980s Weigh****chers?

The Banana, cheese, and protein coffee breakfast was AWESOME and being a good DSer. *pats back*
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
freckled1
on 12/10/11 2:03 am
When I was as early out as you are I could not have fit 4 ozs. of anything into my sleeve.  As long as you are staying hydrated and eating protein forward, don't worry about measuring.  Just take a bite or two, wait a few minutes, and take one or two more if you don't feel stuffed.  

Although, now that I think about it, measuring food may give you a good idea of a more realistic serving size.  I had a very warped sense of what a serving was before surgery.  I have a lot fewer problems with serving myself and others small amounts that are actually adequately sized now, whereas before surgery I would heap up the plates.

Its a Secret
on 12/10/11 2:14 am, edited 1/24/12 8:37 pm
Removed because OH has chosen to share my as well as others posts, uploaded pictures, journey etc. on Facebook without my permission.

Valerie G.
on 12/10/11 2:15 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
4oz or less (more like 2 tsp)  is what you'll start with, but over time you'll be able to eat a little more.  Make sure to eat protein first, then veggies, then some carbs at the very end to keep yourself from going butt-wild with the bad stuff.  Your goal is 100g of protein and 64oz of fluids in any way, shape or form.  Eat as many times as you need to achieve this.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

sandyv63
on 12/10/11 2:51 am - Naples, FL
How are you sucking down 2 scoops of protein shake? They make me gag no matter what the brand or how I try to camoflage it. I tried the Jay Robb egg white protein drink this morning and it was so vile I couldn't drink it. The whey protein was just a little better but way too sweet. I still choked it down because I am not getting in enough protein and I am getting scared about that.  I almost tossed it back up but I managed to keep it down. I know another one would not make it all the way down to the stomach though.  Ewww, these things are awful.
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
Its a Secret
on 12/10/11 3:07 am, edited 1/24/12 8:37 pm
Removed because OH has chosen to share my as well as others posts, uploaded pictures, journey etc. on Facebook without my permission.

sandyv63
on 12/10/11 5:56 am - Naples, FL
Funny, I boiled 4 eggs a little while ago. I can eat one whole hard boiled egg. I've been cooking them with the yolks not quite completely solid. I can't do soft yolks, yuck! Way too gross.  The coffee protein doesn't work for me either. I tried it with decaf because I am way too early out for caffeine and I used Champion chocolate stack and it was awful. Maybe I need a Starbucks syrup. Which one covers up that protein taste the best?
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
Its a Secret
on 12/10/11 12:22 pm, edited 1/24/12 8:37 pm

Its a Secret
on 12/10/11 3:10 am, edited 2/10/12 1:12 am
Comment pulled because OH refuses to respect members privacy and moderates unfairly.

Most Active