vitamin regemin question from pre-op noob...

Elizabeth N.
on 12/6/11 8:30 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Perhaps he is educable. I will continue to hope.

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/11 5:03 am
Post Date: 12/7/11 5:59 am
Last Edit: 12/7/11 6:00 am
I love Isopure drinks and plan on having a hefty supply of them after my surgery!! Probably should buy some stock in the company...lol

I want to be a fly on the wall when this guy discovers how things taste post-op!

Imma thinkin' he will sell his stock in Isopure. lol
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/11 5:05 am
You are such a meanie.... trying to educate someone so they don't kill themself.  What were you thinking???
Elizabeth N.
on 12/7/11 11:04 am - Burlington County, NJ
That's me, sew meen doncha know.

Hey, Mister Genius ran a half marathon. That must mean he really KNOWS something about nutrition, right?

Elizabeth N.
on 12/7/11 11:03 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Now the rocket scientist has deleted his moronic edits. Like THAT will improve his chances of folks forgetting what he's like? 

Newsflash Mr. Genius: What MIGHT help is a mass unblocking and a sincere apology, followed by significantly changed behavior. Oh yeah, and a special apology for using a Bible verse instead of the FUCK YOU that you clearly INTENDED to say.

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/11 1:57 am - Lancaster, OH
I'm not sure if his level of "coward" is reversible.

(Oh, I DO like the special apology part!)
alldredget
on 12/6/11 10:03 pm - Comstock Park, MI
A friend sent me the idea of individualized drink mixes that are vitamin fortified, which would be a great idea if they were made with the quality of vitamins we need.
Chad M.
on 12/7/11 1:10 am - Indianapolis, IN
I'm going to be honest, your obsession with having this in drink form is strange.
Paula R.
on 12/7/11 5:39 am - Portland, OR
Would I rely on some drink mix that promised to fulfill all my supplemental needs after I had my DS?  No, I wouldnt.  There are no magical guarantees and there sure as heck isnt any free rides.  This is especially the case with a surgery like the DS, which requires diligence and vigilance in ensuring that you take care of yourself.  What happens if Im religiously swilling this magical elixir and then finding some of my lab values ass deep in the toilet while some others are sky high? A person can get in serious trouble healthwise this way.  We're not just talking mildly unpleasant either.  We're talking cardiovascular damage, kidney damage, blood coagulation problems, neurological damage, skin issues, liver issues, convulsions, bone and muscle damage, immunity issues, etc.  Some of this **** can flat out kill you.  You may want to bank your life on some magic potion, but I sure as heck wouldnt.

In all honesty, its not difficult to have 4 weeks worth of pill organizers on hand and some free time once a month to fill them with what your lab values tell you your body needs.  It may be a pain in the ass, but it sure as hell beats being dead, right?  Its just plain lazy to hope for something that is going to magically do this.  If its too much trouble, be honest with yourself about it before you let some surgeon cut you open.  Im not wanting to come across as a ***** or anything, but this is the time for being 2000% brutally honest.  This is a major major surgery with some serious ramifications that come with what we are going to have done to our bodies.  If you arent 100% invested and arent all-in, do yourself and your loved ones a huge favor and dont climb on that OR table until you are. 

But Im guessing that based on this thread's revision of history (or maybe someone is a budding David Copperfield 2.0), maybe you are seeing that this magic potion stuff is fairy tales and fantasies....NOT reality?  
My signature is in the witness protection program

Most Active