Lightheaded, dizzy, knees-buckled...

Its a Secret
on 12/4/11 11:18 pm, edited 2/9/12 8:23 pm
Comment pulled because OH refuses to respect members privacy and moderates unfairly.

Elizabeth N.
on 12/4/11 11:31 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Glad he's being seen, and I hope it's nothing. Hopefully this will be lesson enough to him that he'll quit acting like a macho moron.

Janet P.
on 12/4/11 7:18 pm
Aside from the self-diagnosis, why on earth is your husband hunting three weeks after MAJOR surgery? Did the doctor really give me permission for that? At three weeks post-op I barely had the energy to go to the movies.

You really need to understand that both of you had MAJOR surgery and your body takes time to heal. He should be expending his energy RECOVERING from MAJOR surgery, not hunting.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

newyorkbitch
on 12/4/11 9:33 pm
 Amen to that.
HeatherLynn
on 12/5/11 1:08 am - TX
On December 5, 2011 at 3:18 AM Pacific Time, Janet P. wrote:
Aside from the self-diagnosis, why on earth is your husband hunting three weeks after MAJOR surgery? Did the doctor really give me permission for that? At three weeks post-op I barely had the energy to go to the movies.

You really need to understand that both of you had MAJOR surgery and your body takes time to heal. He should be expending his energy RECOVERING from MAJOR surgery, not hunting.
He is pig-headed and does what he wants to...that is why. He felt if he was "well" enough to work, he was well enough to hunt. He has been back at work since week 2.

Like I said, my preference was him not to, but he is a grown man. 

bdocker
on 12/4/11 9:23 pm
The important thing is that you're at the ER getting help. Wishing you both the best of luck and that you get to the bottom of what is going on with your husband.

I know I can honestly say that my spouse often does stupid things without thinking of consequences - and I am sure he's not alone. Way to stand up for yourself.

Brenda~
Lisa A.
on 12/4/11 9:33 pm, edited 12/4/11 9:34 pm - Windsor, NY
Hi Heather -

It's okay to come and ask if anyone else has had these symptoms before. This is what the forum is for - to trade back and forth questions and answers. I didn't take it as you were trying to self diagnose - you were just wondering what "might" be the issue. I had no idea if you were going to call a doctor or not.

When I was so sick I always hopped on here first and searched to see if someone had my symptoms. It is a known fact that this forum knows more that most peoples primary doctors. My surgeon even encouraged me to check out this site. That is how I found out about it. People bouncing ideas back and forth.

That is how I found out about alot of things that I had no idea about. I was on blood pressure medicine and then from losing weight so quickly I would get some dizzy, light headed spells. From reading on here I saw someone write about blood pressure meds, etc... I spoke to my doctor and he then cut my dose in half and then had me take that every other day until I was weaned off. I didn't need the meds anymore.

So ask questions here, read and then you will get ideas to take to your doctor or not - your choice. It is a very long, hard scary journey that you are on  and I can tell you that I have learned the most from the vets on this board than I have from my surgeon, doctor, nutritionist. The people on here are invaluable so I don't want to see you give this forum up.

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 2:19 am
This forum is awesome!

BUT, here's the thing:

Symptoms may be the same for several conditions.  So you may have the same symptoms as person B and have a completely different thing wrong.

ALSO, although we do have a few MD's on this board, snd they will not diagnose over the internet, most of us are uncomfortable with diagnosing anything here.

I do understand that you could possibly get ideas of what may be wrong but the bottom line is : SEE YOUR DOCTOR!
HeatherLynn
on 12/5/11 1:41 am - TX
He was dehydrated & has a severe UTI/Kidney infection. He was having funky heartbeats, tachycardia, tachypnea, light-headedness, and disorientation when we went to the ER. They gave him two bags of fluid and a RX for the infection, and sent him home. He says he is glad he went and feels like "a new man". 

He confessed that while at work he didn't drink much (all week) and thought that because he was drinking enough Saturday/Yesterday, he was hydrated. He learned the hard way. Because of being dehydrated, it took them 8 tries to get in an IV. He says he is going to "fly right"now. 

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 12/5/11 2:14 am
Well, I hope he's gotten a taste of what non-compliance can do (it can kill ya)!

Rule #1: always do the opposite of what DH says

Rule #2: Since you're both early out, just call the doc first because if something is potentially wrong things can go south very fast. Dr. Stewart is one of the best surgeons out there, don't be afraid to utilize him and his staff.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Most Active