Lightheaded, dizzy, knees-buckled...

newyorkbitch
on 12/4/11 10:55 am
 Your doctor is an idiot.  Get to the bottom of it.
PatXYZ
on 12/4/11 12:09 pm
Heat syncope is a real thing.
newyorkbitch
on 12/4/11 9:11 pm
 Yes,  but she needs to get to the bottom of whatever it is and know for sure.
Elizabeth N.
on 12/4/11 10:27 am - Burlington County, NJ
Heather Lynn. When people buckle like that when they are three weeks out of surgery, IT'S TIME TO CALL THE ******G DOCTOR RIGHT NOW.

That's why your surgeon has an ON CALL NUMBER.

HeatherLynn
on 12/4/11 12:13 pm - TX
 You're right...I shouldn't be asking as many questions and "self diagnosing". My husband had actually asked me to come ask, and had also demanded I not call the doc. 

I do appreciate the input I get here. I will do more reading and less asking. I will take it slower and be okay with still being cruddy 3 weeks out.

My husband thinks he is he-man on the other hand...I did not think he needed to be hunting yet, but he went anyhow. 

I am realizing I cannot be responsible for his recovery and mine. Concerned and supportive, yes, but not responsible. If he wants to ask y'all something, he can come ask himself. 

Thanks again. 
Its a Secret
on 12/4/11 12:15 pm, edited 2/9/12 8:24 pm
Comment pulled because OH refuses to respect members privacy and moderates unfairly.

beemerbeeper
on 12/4/11 1:51 pm - AL
Heather,

I have a new bf with a list of diagnoses and meds.  It is hard for me, too, not to want to get right in the middle of his medical care.

I'm learning, like you are, that I have my own medical care to deal with.  He's a grown man and he dealt with his medical care without me and I'm sure he can continue to deal with it without me. 

So I think you have made a wise choice.

~Becky

Elizabeth N.
on 12/4/11 11:30 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Okay, husband is being a dick. It was stupid of him to go hunting three weeks postop, and with that kind of idiotic behavior (feel free to read him this post in its entirety), he deserves to feel like crap.

It was WRONG of him to "forbid" you to call the doctor and then to ask you to come here and put yourself out there like this, and doubly WRONG of him to expect us to diagnose him second hand via cyberspace.

If MY husband nearly fainted in the shower, it would not matter to me whether he "forbade" me to call the doc. My response would have been, "Screw you buddy, you need medical attention and you're going to get it." 

If I were in your shoes, my only response to his future questions that need asking here would be, "Get on the computer and ask them YOURSELF."

That will be my future response to any further questions that get relayed through you. I'm not going to enable that kind of bull**** He needs to take care of HIMSELF. He thinks he's a he-man? He can SHOW me, cuz I'm sure not impressed yet.

HeatherLynn
on 12/4/11 4:00 pm - TX
 We are at the ER now, because it happened again. I didn't give him a choice, & he didn't argue. He feels like dog crap. 
Kingy
on 12/4/11 4:10 pm - Hobart, Australia
I hope they find out what's causing it, sending you best wishes.

Most Active