breakfast suggestions-non-egg, dairy, or coffee!

Crazeru
on 12/2/11 8:18 am
Early out soft boiled eggs went down very easy, as did egg salad.  Fried are ok, omelets and scrambled are still harder for me and I can't eat that much if they are scrambled. 
Tuna salad was easy for me early out too.  I could only eat a bite or two, but would eat a bite every time I went into the kitchen. 

I was going to say ham, bacon, sausage, deli meat and cheese rollups.  Ricotta Fluff.  I couldn't do yogurt early out and cottage cheese is too much lactose.  Cheese is great though. 

I also ended up whey intolerant and have to use eggwhite protein powder for my shakes.  After I doctor them up with vanilla, chocolate, syrups, peanut butter and a banana, it's drinkable!

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

provolisa
on 12/2/11 9:38 am - Provo, UT
I know what ricotta cheese is, but what is ricotta fluff? Is it the same thing?
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

newyorkbitch
on 12/2/11 8:35 am
 I lived on eggs as a new post-op.  Poached,  scrambled.

How about non-dairy protein shakes?

lookthrshegos
on 12/2/11 8:38 am - Huntland, TN
eggs were  the first solid food I ate after my ds.  I soft scrambled them and they were soooooo good!!!!
Never had too much trouble with eggs cept for boiled.  You know how sometimes they can feel heavy in your stomach and throat.  that feeling can be worse with the ds.

Also, scrambled eggs with some salsa on the side,  NOM NOM!!!!!!

kathy

provolisa
on 12/2/11 9:40 am - Provo, UT
Hmm - I told my hubby to get me some mild salsa with no sweeteners in it. that sounds good with scrambled eggs. We have scrambled eggs with cheese in them every day of the week, here.

Elizabeth N.
on 12/2/11 10:11 am, edited 12/29/11 7:05 am - Burlington County, NJ

Lisa A.
on 12/2/11 10:13 am - Windsor, NY
Is there a chance that you may be able to leave the nursing home after your DS?

provolisa
on 12/2/11 4:29 pm - Provo, UT
The plan is, to stay here while I lose the 80 or so pounds that I need to lose to qualify for my first knee replacement, then recover from that here, then do my second knee replacement and recover from that. At that point, I will re-evaluate.

I am basically here now because I can not reach around my front or butt to clean myself after I go to the bathroom.

My fear is that, if everything I can't reach around goes South as it deflates, I won't be able to reach around it when I am thinner, either. In that case, I would have to go to assisted living, where they feed you in a dining room as well. I would have tons more privacy, though, because I would have my own room instead of a cubicle bound by hospital-type curtains.

But, once I can take care of myself, I will be able to go home.

~Lisa

linda1814
on 12/2/11 4:34 pm
Best of luck to you Lisa.  It is going to be great following your story to see you get your health back.  So thrilled for you as you begin your journey!

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

provolisa
on 12/3/11 6:24 am - Provo, UT
Thanks, Linda! I appreciate your interest!

Most Active