Off topic: seeking advice

larra
on 11/28/11 11:56 pm - bay area, CA
Great suggestions already! Bring food, either home made or takeout. Run errands. Vacuum, dust, laundry, whatever is needed will be appreciated.
    I would check first before bringing flowers as some people are sensitive to them.

Larra
Its a Secret
on 11/29/11 5:15 am, edited 2/9/12 8:29 pm
Comment pulled because OH refuses to respect members privacy and moderates unfairly.

z85sparty
on 11/29/11 6:33 am - Mason, MI
Just a thought about flowers or plants!  My bosses wife lost her husband in their mid 40's due to cancer, and one day we were talking about situtations such as this.  She made an interesting comment that since I had never been through that situtation I had never thought of...

She said that after being the one who lost her husband she will never give someone in the same situtation flowers or plants ever again.  She said that a lot of time each time a set of flowers or the plants dies, you go through the grieving and reminder of the person you just lost.  

I would recommend taking them over some good food as others have mentitioned, and if it were me, I would leave out the flowers. 

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18

Most Active