The dreaded 1st outting and public BM's (TMI)

April M.
on 11/24/11 11:29 am - MI
LOL, I don't know if "salute" is the term I'd use....

But I'm with you on one point... I was willing to let a total stranger wipe my butt, but there was NO WAY I was coming home until I could do it myself... I refused to have my hubbs do that.

I don't know why, something about the "very last boundary", and wanting to keep some mystery to our relationship. We really have nothing that's not say-able or do-able (as long as it's all safe and constructive, that is!), but for some reason, that was my one hold out.

Yes, fissures suck monkey balls. Got one right now. BUT... it's not actually as bad as I feared... yet. I'm not rolling around on the bathroom floor in agony because of it and I don't plan to, (but I am hurting for what is a total of hours each day) so I'm going to see the doc this week. Hopefully, I've caught it early enough that I can keep that from happening.

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

honeybadger 11
on 11/24/11 1:33 pm - FL

Yes the "very last boundary" is fitting. Hubs said he wouldnt mind if i need him. I said absolutely NOT! Im a nurse and know that nobody cares when they are wiping your bum, they are just trying to get it done as fast as possible while holding their breath!:)

Sorry to hear about the fissure. That is my A #1 do not want thing on my list. I know they can be easy to fix but its your butt! Im not even sure ill eat carrots or nuts again:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Elizabeth N.
on 11/23/11 10:55 am - Burlington County, NJ
When it comes down to poop in a public restroom or **** yourself, you'd be amazed at what you can do.

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/11 3:10 pm - OH
LOL. You probably have a heck of a point there EN!
guateTS
on 11/23/11 9:15 am
DS on 03/19/12
Oh man, this thread made me laugh out loud so hard.  I can't lie- the gas and BM smells have worried me especially since I'm pretty reserved and detest using public restrooms.  

I must find more information on these kits.  Luckily, I am a person who always uses gigantic purses, and I tend to keep things for every occasion in them.  

provolisa
on 11/24/11 2:01 pm - Provo, UT
 I can so relate to this topic... I came into the nursing home largely because I had gotten too, well,  large to reach my butt. The tongs I had been using at home just weren't doing the job right, no matter how hard I tried to be... um, anal about it. I was getting frequent UTIs down there.  

So I have to have a poor aide wipe my butt every time I go... and that's pre-op! I won't be venturing very far until either my front or my back deflates enough that I can properly reach and take care of myself. I just don't have the heart to ask my husband to help me with that. I have a romantic relationship with the man, after all. I don't want bathroom images flashing through his head at just the wrong moment, if you know what I mean?

To top it all off, we use communal bathrooms with no doors on the stalls here at the nursing home; since most of the residents are in wheelchairs, and the building was constructed before the ADA guidelines came out. The bathroom door is always kept open as well, so I have been wondering how far down the hall my gas and poop smell will travel. Ugh!

Needless to say, I am going to be ordering the large economy size oziums before my surgery.

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/11 3:13 pm - OH
Just so you know, I've been working my way through RN school as an aide in a nursing home. We don't really care as much people think we do. Wiping someone's butt in there is like wiping a baby's butt (and I don't mean that in a mean way at all). It's just isn't a big deal. A baby isn't going to do it themselves, and those in the nusing home aren't going to either.  So don't beat yourself up over it. No one can be an aide for more than a day if wiping a butt bothers them!
provolisa
on 11/27/11 3:22 pm - Provo, UT
 Well, thanks for that, but I still am looking forward to the day I can take care of it myself.

Congratulations on getting through nursing school. I was a nursing student once. It was very rigorous! They said that nurses now have to know as much as doctors needed to know back in the 40's. I always thought that was a bit of a slam... nurses know a heck of a lot more than those doctors did back then!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

Most Active