The dreaded 1st outting and public BM's (TMI)

honeybadger 11
on 11/23/11 6:55 am - FL

I pray you have a recovery like mine too...dont get me wrong, there have been little bumps. Nausea, lactose intolerance, thrush and the pooping is incredible! But i know as i heal more and get on my vit regiment a lot of that will calm down. But to me these little bumps are nothing compared to what i was preparing myself for...maybe that helped too...preparing for the worst, hoping for the best:)

I think you are gonna do great!

Oh and you can also get a travel size pack of wipes in stores over by the mini travel stuff, i prefer these over a ziploc bag because it is easier to get one out and reseal it while trying to balance spray and flushing and everything else you are trying to do! hehe

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Elizabeth N.
on 11/23/11 3:49 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yay you! Hey, we do more to keep up public restrooms than just about any other user out there. The system works!

I carry a little bottle of citrus essential oil to toss in the bowl before and after, plus courtesy flushing and spraying. Generally works very well. I've even been known to carry matches and may yet add a tiny travel candle in a tin to my armory.

honeybadger 11
on 11/23/11 6:59 am - FL
HAHA! EN! how big is your purse! If somebody looked into your purse and didnt know you they would think you had some kinda portable "date nite" in there! Matchs, candles, oil, wipes...oh it makes me giggle! HAHA

Love the idea of oils:) I will be looking for those.

~Jennifer

Elizabeth N.
on 11/23/11 10:50 am - Burlington County, NJ
I'm an expert at packing and toting :-D since I live out of my car and two bags during the school semester. Now if I could just extend that expertise to include a cooler and a warmer, but that's more than I can keep organized. (For that matter, one would not exactly call my car and bags "organized," but I manage. Everything around me is one step short of sheer chaos. I induce stress in orderly people.)

honeybadger 11
on 11/23/11 11:05 am - FL
YES EN! i use the term "organize chaos" to describe my sort of organization. I come from a mother who is a type A (meaning anal) clean freak...so my little rebellion is to be messy but structured and  i KNOW where everything is:) You car set up is probably genius.

So when can you come drive my mom crazy;) HAHA!

~Jennifer

Elizabeth N.
on 11/23/11 10:39 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Nope, it's not genius at all, it's just dig through the piles till I find what I want. The only organized part is that I pretty much always know what's in the car.

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 7:22 am - OH
THANK-YOU!!!! I really appreciate stories like this. I'm still in the pre-op process but of all the things to be concerned, BMs are #1 to me (yeah I know the vets are gonna eat me alive for saying this lol). I can handle the protien, labs are no problem, but pooping in public freaks me out! I still can't even poop when my husband of 7 years is home! I know I'll have to come out of the proverbial poop-closet after my DS, but I appreciate knowing that it won't be as bad as I have imagined in my head!
honeybadger 11
on 11/23/11 8:11 am - FL
My hubs is lke a child and likes to hang out with me when im trying to poo! The DS has been very helpful in giving me 2 mins to myself:) hehe

~Jennifer

April M.
on 11/23/11 9:08 am - MI
Oh my, the DS will cure you of your poo-closeting, and asap! The poor nurse's aides on my floor had to wipe my butt for the first 2 days I was pooping (Days 3 and 4 post-op). That cured me of any embarressment I might feel about the smell, or sound, EVER.

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

honeybadger 11
on 11/23/11 10:55 am - FL
That was the one thing i could never let anyone do for me. Hubs has done and seen everything about me and i told him he would NOT wipe my butt! I guess when you dont have a choice you have to go with it but i think my determination made me come up with a plan, instead of wiping from the back after my business i would scoot forward on the seat and wipe from the front.

I continue doing it that way as i find its easier to do more of a "pat" type clean. My biggest fear is a fissure:( They sound awful and take forever to heal...if your lucky!

You are a brave soul for letting a stranger touch your bum. I salute you!!!

~Jennifer

Most Active