Up Date on my "Problem!"

yorkieGal
on 11/17/11 9:27 pm - Clermont, FL
Hey Gracie, I am so glad that you are doing better my little angelette!!

I love that you had that card, it could have saved you!
I also have my info in a document with diagrams saved on a flash drive on my car keys and my husband always had one on his keys too. My Mum has one in the UK too in case I'm ever there and need help.

Love that you're on the mend and am sending you lots of hugs

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Blank Out
on 11/18/11 1:53 am, edited 11/18/11 1:55 am
 So glad this had a happy ending!  What exactly, was the cause of the blockage?  Scar tissue, stricture????

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

adkmtngirl
on 11/18/11 3:24 am - Brant Lake, NY
Thank God for a happy ending!!!! Glad your dr in the er paid attention to you and the info you supplied him with!!! 
Kristina

Gracie P.
on 11/20/11 11:55 am - Mansfield, OH
Thanks everyone! My happy ending is all because of what I have learned from all of you on this board. 1 ~ Carry your information. 2 ~ Be persistant and 3 ~ Know what your body is doing.

Blessings to all & Happy Thanksgiving!

Gracie                                          
- 165 lbs. total!                     Updated 4/7/13

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 7:04 am
Wow Gracie, I'm so glad you are alright! Way to advocate for yourself!
(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 2:07 pm
Where do I get one of these cards??  I'd pay for one...or 4 if someone has a place I can get them?
(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 3:10 pm - San Jose, CA
Your story should be required reading for ANYONE having a DS - or CONSIDERING one.  They should be able to be certain that they - AND a trusted family member - would be willing and able to argue with an ER doc or general surgeon that they need special diagnostic procedures, WHILE IN PAIN.
Most Active