Airplane WOW!!

hollyweasel
on 11/13/11 8:44 am - MI
I boarded a flight last week from Seattle to Minneapolis, then on to Detroit.

I ended up getting dinner on the plane (cheese tray) since I was in a rush, and on a whim started to put down the tray on the back of the other seat.

For the first time in my LIFE - the tray came down and I could be comfortable with it level with the floor! 

People, I have been flying since I was 18 years old - I am now 32.  I have dropped 71 lbs. as of today and i am one week away from my 3 month surgiversary.

I was so amazed by the tray fitting - I started to happy cry a little in my seat.  This surgery is a miracle.

Holly

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

prettypixels
on 11/13/11 9:04 am
That is amazing!!!!!! Congratulations!
Jeanne77
on 11/18/11 10:03 am - Sterling Heights, MI
Go Holly, Go Holly, I'm so excited for you!! I feel like a little happy cry too. Kinda makes you wanna go around the world on a plane eh?
fullhousemom
on 11/13/11 9:17 am
 Congratulations!  Its amazing how the littlest things make us so happy!
Lori F.
on 11/13/11 11:49 am - Chula Vista, CA
 That is SO COOL! Good for you!
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
T H.
on 11/13/11 8:52 pm - Bryantown, MD
Woo hoo!  I LOVED that wow.  :)
The only place were success comes before work is in the dictionary

Lucy M.
on 11/13/11 11:37 pm - Conway, SC
Congratulations! What an awesome feeling for you.

I remember those days as well.

Lucy

484.8/383.4/241/188/150 
                  Sexy 
Pre-op/RNY day/pre DS day/current/goal-  Realize Band 5/15/08; RNY 6/8/05, Removal Band and RNY to DS 8/25/10. RNY & Band surgeon was Dr. Guske.

Lisa A.
on 11/13/11 11:41 pm - Windsor, NY
Isn't that the best. I used to get such anxiety when I knew I had to fly somewhere because the seat belt wouldn't fit me. I had to ask for a seat belt extender and one time I asked discretely when I got on the plane and she said she would bring it to me. I got to my seat and the attendant comes walking down yellow "who neeed the seat belt extender". I almost died. From that point on I used to carry a coat or sweater on my lap to hide the fact taht I couldn't click the seat belt.

After I lost weight I was so excited ont he plane to be able to use the regular seat belt. It's those little things...

hollyweasel
on 11/14/11 8:11 am - MI
Thanks all!  I still ask for the extender, but its more for general comfort and old habit, but as much as I fly (weekly) it is getting easier and easier to get comfortable in coach seats!

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

Most Active